Chapter 97: Bachelor Party

Start from the beginning

"Sairaorg, it's obvious she's a psychotic murderer, but she's not as bad as the wendigo over there, so she should be comparatively safe." Baruka pointed his thumb at Nahele, who was wrapped in metal wires, but he was still moving by inching like a caterpillar across the church floor.

"I WILL ACHIEVE MY DREAM OF CREATING THE MEAT UNICYCLE."

"I was actually going to tell you that you may have a chance with Ayako." Baruka informed me, and I couldn't contain my smile. "I asked Ayako's friends about her, and apparently she's really quiet and doesn't talk much. Given how she opened up to you pretty quickly, I think she may like you."

"Just because she opened up to me quicker than most people, that doesn't mean she likes me." I informed my knight as I set the statues at the entrance of the church.

"I forgot to mention that she stabs anyone she doesn't like, which is a solid 90% of people according to (Y/N)." Baruka deadpans as Nahele inched past us somehow. 

"Okay, maybe I do have a chance." I shrugged, so given how Ayako opened up to me faster than most people, and given how Ayako hasn't tried to stab me.

Some people don't think Ayako is emotional, yet I see her smile all the time around me. She also avoids watching emotional films because they make her cry. I know this because I suggested we go to the movies at some point, but she rejected because only sad movies were playing. I walked back to where Ayako was and noticed Nahele was passing her, and he accidentally hit the ladder. The ladder was clearly off balance, so it began wobbling, with Ayako still on top of it. Ayako began falling to the ground, and entirely on instinct, I rushed to where she was and caught Ayako in my arms before she could hit the ground. Ayako barely had time to process what was happening, and when she realized what was going on, her eyes went as wide as her glasses.

"Thanks for catching me, so you can set me down now." Ayako was avoiding eye contact with me and despite her words, she appeared to like being in my arms.

"Are you sure? You look pretty comfortable there." I asked, trying to tease her like Rias suggested I do, and Ayako looked like she was having none of my nonsense. "Alright, sorry about that, I'll set you down now."

"I mean, you weren't wrong." As I set Ayako down, she  rubbed her arm sheepishly and avoided eye contact with me. Did I notice a red hue on her cheeks? "Your arms are comforting, and I haven't remembered the last time I got a hug from someone."

"Wait, you don't remember the last time you got hugged?!" Out of nowhere, I wrapped both of my arms around a very confused Ayako, but she didn't try to escape.

"Why are you hugging me?" Ayako asked, and I never noticed this, but she was just as petite as Koneko was, despite Ayako being a third year like (Y/N) and Rias.

"You need this." I rested my head on Ayako's head, and all of a sudden, I heard Ayako sniffling. I suddenly moved my head to look at the girl I was hugging and I noticed she was crying in my chest. "Oh my goodness, are you okay?!"

"Sorry sorry." Ayako pushed me away, breaking the hug, and used her hand to hide her eyes. "I'll stop crying for a bit, sorry for being annoying."

"Ayako, feeling things is not annoying, you're allowed to feel things." I put my hands on Ayako's shoulders. "You're allowed to laugh that beautiful laugh, cry those heartbreaking tears, scream and shout whenever you're mad."

"OH MY SATAN SHUT UP AND KISS ALREADY." Coriana shouted from underneath one of the pews, and Kuisha, who was on her stomach next to the bishop, punched her shoulder. "I apologize for nothing."

"IF YOU TWO DON'T KISS I'LL FEED BOTH OF YOU PIECES OF EACH OTHER." Nahele was somehow on the ceiling.

How on earth did Nahele inch into the ceiling? Before I could ask Nahele how he got up there, I noticed Ayako was standing on her tiptoes for something. I leaned down to see what she needed when out of nowhere Ayako pecked my lips with her own and proceeded to flip Coriana off with both her hands. I didn't even process the situation until I turned bright red. I covered my face using both my hands and proceeded to make my way to a nearby pew, where I sat down and processed what was going on.