Chapter Twenty-Nine

Liana's POV

"Annie, sorry for keeping you waiting. Heath got me busy for a while." I said to Junior's new nanny who is starting work today. His old nanny had to quit due to some unknown emergency. It is so sad because she was the best we have ever had. Mandy was so good with junior, perhaps because she is a mother too.

"It's okay ma'am. I just got here anyway."

Annie is a college senior at Baylor University. Since its summer, she decided to work before their next semester starts. I wanted a permanent nanny but she is the daughter of Velma's friend and she recommended her since she has been doing these jobs in-between vacations. I am sure by the time she has to return to school, I would have gotten a professional nanny.

"Good. Can we start? I will love to brief you on your duties. First of all, we know that some nannies are required to do some house duties but you wouldn't be doing that. When you are here, you only do stuff that pertains to my son. You will be responsible for taking him to school and picking him up at the close of school. You will do his laundry as well. There are three washing machines in this house. One in our bedroom, one in the general washroom, and one in the basement. You are permitted to use any of them except the one in my room. You will have to help him with his homework and make sure he has his siesta at the right time. You will report to Melinda, at the end of the day and whenever you need something, let her know."

I love my son so much and if left to me, I would have loved to solely take care of him. But my work is demanding and I don't want him to feel lonely. I have thought of relieving some of my duties to Heath but his work at the clubs gives him little to no time at all. I have had secret cameras installed in the house so I can keep an eye on him when he is at home. That is the only way I can be rest assured that he is being treated nicely.

"Okay, ma'am. I will do just as you have stated."

"Good. I will get him ready for school. Daniel is his driver. He will take you to the school and anywhere else you need to go. Melinda will discuss the salary with you and show you where to stay."

Melinda is the head of the house helps. She is in charge of all the domestic works of the house. From cleaning to cooking and I must say she is good with it.

"Thank you ma'am."

I rose up to my feet when I realized the time. I have to go and check some records at the mall and have a meeting with some investors. It's been a long two weeks and we haven't heard anything from Pharrell and his wife. Neither has he made any move of attack. That shows me how tamed we have made him.

"One more thing, and it's the most important. My baby is my life, please keep a keen eye on him and make sure you take good care of him. If you ever hurt him, I won't forgive you."

I said with a friendly tone but it was a dangerous warning. You can have everything I have but not my son. For him, I will die and I will hurt anyone who hurt him. Yes, I have changed so much. Who wouldn't after what I have been through? I was the foolish naive girl a fool took advantage of and you still expect me to be foolish? No! Education and the issues of life have truly opened my eyes to the real world and I now know I was living a fantasy.

"Hey babe, ready to go?" Heath said with his eyes fixed on me. He looked at me from head to toe and I know from that look that if it wasn't for Annie, he would have eaten me there.

"Sure we can." I smiled. Honey this is Annie, Junior's new nanny."

"Oh hi Annie, I have heard a lot about you. Nice to finally meet you."

"Thank you, sir."

"You are welcome. Babe, before we go I need help with something. I can't find my gold Rolex watch. Can you help me look for it?"