Chapter Twenty -Four

"Mummy, mummy when is daddy coming? I need to show him my test result."

Her son said showing her a drawing he made and the exam results that were marked excellent. He is a brilliant child and the pride of his parents.

"Come here, babe." She urged him to come nearer to her. She then lifted him and sat him on her lap.

"Daddy has some work to do. He should be here soon. But he sent you something."

She picked up a box from her bag and handed it to him.

"A car? Wow, mum, I have wanted this for so long!"

"Yes, babe he knew that. Now let's go. I will take you to school today before going to work."

"Yeahhhhhhh!" He was excited that his mum would be taking him to school instead of his nanny. During the ride to his school, he kept on blabbering about how he would show his new toy car to his friends for them to see that he has the best parents.

She on the other hand couldn't stop smiling. She was thankful that she has him and to her, his happiness is everything. She had had complications whiles delivering him and thought she would lose him just like she lost the first one.

A call came through when she parked her car at the entrance of her son's school. The ringtone filled her car with her son trying to sing the song she had made her ringtone.

"Hello daddy," She answered,

"Hello babe, how are you and my grandson doing?" The voice of an older man could be heard from the other end of the call.

"We are fine. Just got to his school."

"Okay good. I want you to come by this afternoon. There is something I want us to talk about."

"What is it, dad? Is everything okay? Are you okay?"

"Everything is fine. Heath told you that your sister lost the baby right?"

"He did. And sorry to say it's a delight. Those idiots deserve it for doing that to a poor helpless girl." As she spoke she was getting angry and the thirst for revenge caused her eyes to turn crimson.

"I know. It's terrible what they did and trust me, they will be paying a great deal for it. Have you seen the magazine today?"

"No, I haven't"

"They are already paying for their sins. Millernium mall is now topping the chart sending Smithens mall to the bottom."

"I knew we will be the best. It's like karma caused them to sell expired products. Hahahaha!"
She laughed heartily forgetting that her son was by her. He looked up at her wondering if his mother was okay.

"I got to go, dad. I have to take Junior to his class but I will be at your place at noon."

"Okay dear. Take care and give him a kiss for me."

She hanged the call. The very blood that was running through her veins was made of revenge in that, it kept boiling, and the only thing that can relax it was revenge. Pride ran through her heart as she remembered how long she has come. Millernium was the first business she started immediately after she completed school. It was a small shopping mall which has grown as the years passed by. With her husband's fortune and her dad's wealth, she was able to upgrade it into a mall, and the best one too. It is termed a seven-star mall where only the rich shops. Not that it's expensive but the pride that comes from shopping there was what made it a celebrity mall.

"Let's go, baby. Let's get you to class." She held his hand and walked hand in hand.

Instead of driving through the school gate to her son's class, she decided to walk with him so she could spend a little time with him. That turned out to be refreshing, clearing her mind of the thoughts of Carmine and Pharrell.

Third Person POV
He was fuming with anger watching the news bulletin. The magazines were spread before him but he couldn't understand anything. He chose to let anger cloud his understanding. Who is this? Millernium can never hold a candle to Smithens so what is this that he is hearing?. Who is behind Millernium? That's one question that confused him. Millernium is definitely a rival but how come he doesn't know who this rival is?

"Who is this? Who is messing with us?"

He seethed with anger. Another mall taking the fame of his wasn't what he envisioned. Now everything seems hopeless. The future of his companies now depends on the shareholders and their votes.

"Sir,"

His secretary walked into his office with a A4-size brown envelope.

"This came in a while ago. It's addressed to you."

"What is it?" She handed him the envelope.

"I don't know sir."

"Okay, you can go."

He opened it hoping that it will be something that will be of help but rather, it was something that would destroy him.

It was a petition from the court concerning his asserts. In the letter, someone is claiming his mining company and his house. What is going on? He hasn't sold any of his company to anyone. This must be a mistake.He picked the phone and dialed his secretary's number.

"Call a meeting now! I want to see all the directors in the conference room now!" He yelled into the receiver and hanged up.

*****

Mr. Smith, your bank made that petition. They said your wife took a loan some time ago and failed to pay in the appointed time. She used your house and this company as collateral." His lawyer spoke before him and his board of directors. He stormed out of the room, not waiting to hear the full detail.

"Carmine! Carmine! Carmine!" He bellowed. The drive home was quite short. Perhaps because he drove with anger and on top speed.

His wife was with some friends by their swimming pool. They were having a BBQ lunch and dancing to loud music. Quite the mood of a woman who just lost her baby.

"Carmine! Carmine!" There was rage and pain in his voice.

"Carmine!" He shouted over the music. All four pairs of eyes turned to him.

"Hi, baby you are home early."

She walked to him placing a perk on his lips but he turned his head away and held her hands tightly making sure he was inflicting pain.

"Arghh you are hurting me."

"Who gave you the damn right to take a loan using the company I had worked so hard for as collateral?"

"Wh...."

"Don't you dare act surprised. They want their money and want to take my company and house."

"I...."

"What did you use the money for? For Jeez sake that's a huge amount."

"Baby can we go somewhere else, they are watching us?" She said referring to her friends.

"No, tell me what you used that money for? You could have told me that the $100,000 every month was not enough rather than borrowing money."

The mouths of her friends came ajar. They are also wives of millionaires but they don't receive that much in a month from their husbands.

"Tell me, where is the money?! Tell me what you used it for this instance you bitch!" He was angry beyond measure. There was nothing that she could say to relax him. She has never seen him this deadly before. And each word he uttered, she shivered with fear. She couldn't say anything in the presence of her friends and was looking for a way to speak privately with him.

"Liana!" She voiced out, finally getting his attention.