Twenty-One

PHARRELL'S POV

"I will meet with him after lunch. I have left the office. Email me his details." I said to my general manager and hanged up the phone. I sat in my car which was parked outside my home. I was going through some details of a new client since I have a meeting with him after lunch. Satisfied with what I know about Mr. Lome, I got out of the car and walked to the house. It was a beautiful afternoon, and the sun has decided to come out and play. I used my hand to shade the sun from scorching my eyes and opened the door. It was quiet in the house and didn't seem like someone was at home. But it's impossible because the bitch has to be home. I quietly walked to the dining hall and sure enough, the table was set but a napkin was missing.

" Liana! Liana! Liana!" I called. Why does she stress me so much? I don't understand why she can't use her common sense. There was no answer.

"Liana! Liana!" I was beyond angry if that's even possible. I walked to the kitchen to see her on a barstool around the island eating snacks.

"Bitch! didn't you hear me calling you?"

"What is it Pharre....."

"Sir to y....."

"What is it Pharrell, why are you shouting as if this house is burning. What do you want?"

"WTF why are you talking to me like that?"

"Like how? You can talk to me that way and I can't? What makes me less human than you? Now, what do you want?"

I was shocked to the bone hearing her like that. What has happened to her? Who does she think she is?

"I will advise you to be respectful fool. You don't get to talk to me in that manner. I am your boss!"

"Boss? Boss? What do I get paid for? Or let me rephrase that. Do I get paid for anything? Answer me do I?" My mouth on its own accord came ajar and my jaw fell.

"Good, so I am not one of your employees you can order around and stumble on. I am the woman with your child. The earlier you start accepting that, the better. Now go on, be a good boy. Have your lunch and get the fuck out of here."

What the hell. I was angry to the point that my teeth were shaking. This illiterate can't talk to me like that and tell me what to do? Maybe she has forgotten who she is in this house and I need to reset her mind. I am so sure something is wrong in there. On impulse, I raised my hand to slap her but it was stopped mid-way.

"Don't you dare raise your filthy hands on me ever again!. If you try it, I will sue you and that stupid wife of yours for abuse of a pregnant woman. You know what that means right? That reputation you care so much about will be ruined. It's about time you treat me right or you might not have a single dime in a few months. Try me."

She said angrily and took her snack and walked away. She walked out on me. Can you believe that? A maid walked out on her boss. She is definitely leaving this house. She will rot on the street.

I couldn't have lunch. The rest of my day was ruined and I couldn't concentrate on my meeting with Mr. Lome which led to me losing a multi-billion contract all thanks to that witch. At the end of the day, I was still furious and could kill her if I set eyes on her so I didn't go home, but rather I went to the club. In no time, I was wasted.

"Heath, can you believe the audacity of that maid? I will kill her! She is a pest in my life. I need to get rid of her."

"Calm down man, what happened?"

"What happened? what happened? shit happened!. she is a witch and wants to end my life but I got to end hers first." I was drunk and didn't know what was happening around me. The loud music and the disco lights were what were keeping me a little sober.

"She thinks she is now the boss and can threaten me. She doesn't know who I am. But I will make sure I teach her who the real boss is. Hey Martina, refill"

"I don't know what to say Pharrell, but it's your fault. You treat that girl like trash and per what you just told me, she has had enough. Everyone has his or her limits. Not everyone can tolerate you. Make sure you don't touch a hair on Liana or else you are going to regret it. What kind of man are you?"

"What is wrong with you? I should be the one angry but you are angry and defending a golddigger?. What happened to 'support your man all the time'?" I slurred.

"I have supported you every time, but I will never support you in doing evil. Cant, you see the monster money has changed you into? I have warned you, if you even make a tiny bruise on her, you will see what I can do." He said then walked off. What confused me was how pissed he was.

Great witch, you have used a spell on my friend and turned him against me. Fuck you Heath, he is not loyal after all. Another son of a bitch.

Liana's POV

Haha! haha haha haha!. I laughed heartily for the first time in forever. The look on his face was priceless and can never be wiped out of my memory. I was initially scared but I didn't know where the strength came from to stand up to him like I did. Now I have seen his weak point. He loves to be in power right? I will take that power away from him.

"Sorry baby that I was a fool. But trust me we are going to be fine. I am going to fight for us. I'm sorry that your dad has to be a devil." I said, passing my hand over my bump. It felt relaxing and assuring that I am not alone and that I have someone who I can love forever. But for now, I am done with men. All I want is to raise my child and give him all the love I have got.

"Liana!" I heard my name being called. I sighed knowing who it was.

"In here." I shouted.

"W-what are you doing here?" She asked when she finally made it to the room I was in.

"I am in my room cant you see?" I asked rolling my eyes at her dumbness.

"Your room. Are you forgetting something or you forgot the way to your room?"

"No, I perfectly know my way around here. And I have chosen this room to be mine."

"Shut the fuck up and leave this place. Learn to be in your corner. Now go and get me something to eat." Is she being serious?

"Aren't you a woman?" The words flowed out of my mouth effortlessly.

"What did you say?"

"I said aren't you a woman?. Don't you have two hands and ten fingers like I do? Go and make your own food." I said with my teeth gritted.

"How dare you!" She slapped me suddenly, and I didn't hesitate to slap her back, making sure I use all my angerand strength.

"You maid! You slapped me? Whore golddigger you you dared slap me?." She bawled.

"I did and if you don't shut up and let me have my peace I won't hesitate to break that fake nose you got here."

She was speechless and narrowed her eyes at me.

"You will regret this!"

"Get out of here!" I roared like a wounded lion making her run out of my room at top speed.