Chapter 18

Key:

Y/N - Your name

A/P/T/O/E - Another preferred term of endearment

Your P.O.V.

"Wait, what? Mom, where are you going," I asked, standing up. "Sissy's farm. Something's wrong with Harlan and I need to help him," replied Vanya. "Vanya, we need to stick together, okay? Now more than ever," said Luther. "For once, I actually agree with the monkey," I said, taking one step forward. "That's why I am telling you this. Whatevers going on with Harlan, I think I might've caused it," said Vanya, mirroring my movement. "How," I questioned, looking back at Five, who also shrugged. "He drowned... and, uh, somehow, I was able to bring him back to life, and now it's like we're connected. Like you and me, Y/N. And, I know that he needs my help. And I need your help too. I'm scared, and for the first time in my life, I don't want to do it alone. I want my sibling and my daughter," replied Vanya, looking at each of us in turn.

"Look, I'm sorry. We have other priorities right now," said Diego, stepping forward. "Diego's right for once. We need to make our stand, here and now," chimed in Five, looking at Vanya pityingly. Vanya looked at each of us in turn, her eyes begging for us to come with her. I thought for a moment, divided between sticking with my mom or the rest of the family. Vanya must have assumed I was going to say no, because she then said, "Okay. I guess I'll see you when I see you." She then walked out, picking up the car keys on the way. "I'm going with her," I replied a moment later, moving to the exit. "A/P/T/O/E, didn't you understand what I just said? We need to stick together," said Five. "Five, we do need to stick together. And I'm sticking with my mom, cause she's right. Harlan needs our help. If you don't want to come, I won't force you, okay? Anyways, I'm going. Bye, love you," I said, kissing him passionately for a moment before running out.

"Wait, Mini Vanya, I'm coming too," yelled Klaus. I stopped for a second, waiting for Klaus to come. We then left together for the back alley where the car was parked. "So, you and Five, huh," I asked Klaus, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively. "Shut the fuck up," I laughed. "Ah, young love," sighed Klaus dramatically, swinging his hips around. Klaus then dramatically opened the door to the car, saying, "So, so, so. Ben, huh? Gone forever." I climbed in after Klaus, resulting in me being squished between his body and the car door. "He traded his life for mine... while he saved the whole world in the process," said Vanya when the initial shock of seeing Klaus and I dissipated. "Pfft. Show-off. But did he... say anything about...me," asked Klaus, rolling his eyes at the last word and pushing his hair behind his ear. Vanya nodded, making Klaus look at her in shock. "He wanted me to tell you that he was too scared to go to the light. It wasn't you that made him stay," elaborated Vanya, making Klaus chuckle sadly and say, "Oh, that little shit-heel. All these years and I thought it was my fault that he didn't take his ticket to heaven." He looked at his lap sadly, making me rub his arm comfortingly. "Look, I'm sorry, but... you should get out cause I'm going-," said Vanya, and I interrupted her by saying, "Oh, we're coming with you. We can't let you face this alone, now could we? So, if Klaus moves his butt so I can sit properly, then we're sticking with ya." Suddenly, the two back doors opened. "Got room for two more," asked Allison as Diego sat down on the other end. "What about The Commission," asked Vanya as Klaus finally allowed me some breathing space, though I was still uncomfortable. "Well, might as well do something good before we die horribly," said Diego. "Woo-hoo! Thanks, Negative Nancy," I joked, rolling my eyes. "Oh," exclaimed Klaus as the door I was pushed against opened. 

"Five, you... you don't have to-," started Vanya before Five interrupted by saying, "I know. You owe me one, sis." "Children ride in that back," continued Five, looking at Klaus and me pointedly. "Okay," said Klaus before vaulting over the seats to sit between Allison and Diego. As I prepared to move back to, Five asked, "Where are you going?" "In the back," I said in a questioning tone, pointing at the backseat with my thumb. "Nope," said Five, taking my waist and lifting me so I was sitting on top of him. Everyone awww-ed in the background as I placed my head at the base of his neck. "Listen Five, if you hurt her, I will not hesitate to kill you," threatened Vanya from the driver's seat. "Same," called out Diego from behind us, spinning his life around in a threatening manner. "I am you brother," protested Five. "They love me more," I joked. "Who doesn't," said Five jokingly, making my heart flutter as I laughed. Five turned around to face his family, a soft smile playing on his lips.

"Guys, I don't know what to say," said Vanya, touched by our action. Suddenly, the trunk of the car opened. Five and I turned around in unison to see Luther climbing into the back of the car. The car suddenly creaked loudly and fell backward, the back of the car definitely touching the ground. Everyone looked scarred as Luther shut the trunk behind him. Five and I were looking at the scene, amused, while Vanya just looked moved. "Anyone makes a fat joke, I'm outta here," said Luther, making me giggle softly as Five turned to face the front, an amused smile on his face. He placed his chin on my left shoulder, his arms wrapped around my waist. "I really wanna make a joke," I whispered to Five as the car started, making us laugh softly. As the car moved, I could hear the sound of metal scraping against the road. As we drove along, I asked Five, "Hey, I'm not too heavy for you, right?" "Nope," he said, nuzzling into the side of my neck, making me laugh. "BREAKING NEWS. FIVE IS SOFT, PEOPLE," yelled Klaus from behind us. "Really? Well, that's a shame. I would want him to be hard," I joked, winking at my last statement. Five proceeded to glare at Klaus before he could say anything, making Klaus put an imaginary zipper on his mouth.

*I heard a rumor that there was a time skip*

As we neared our destination, I noticed something extremely odd. "As much as I love snow, I don't think this is normal," I yelled over the whistling wind as all of us got out of the car. Lightning crackled in the air, clouds gathering above the barn in an unnatural manner. "You think whatever is going on inside is causing the cold front," asked Diego. "No shit, Sherlock," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at the obvious fact. Suddenly, a woman came running out of the barn, holding a huge ass gun in her hands. "Sissy! Sissy," yelled Vanya to the woman. "Get back! All of you, just get the hell back," yelled 'Sissy', racking a round as Vanya continued to yell her name. "I'm too young to die," I exclaimed wildly, putting my hands up. "Hey! Hey what's wrong," asked Vanya, extremely concerned. "Carl," replied the woman angrily, making Vanya say, "What did he do to you?" "I swear to god, lady, if this Carl person did anything to hurt you, I will stab him to death with a butter knife so it's as slow and painful as possible," I said, wanting to support the scared woman. Apparently, it didn't work, Sissy looked more scared and tightened her grip on the gun as she stammered out, "He's... he's dead. Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flyin'. What did you do to him? Vanya, what the hell did you do to my son?"