Chapter 17

Key:

A/P/T/O/E - Another preferred term of endearment

Your P.O.V.

"Wake up A/P/T/O/E," said Five shaking me awake. "That's new," I mumbled, still half asleep. He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "You missed," I pouted. He kissed me softly on the lips and I got out of bed, smiling dorkily. "Let's go," I said, after getting ready. We walked out of the room and went to the ground floor, where the rest of the siblings were already gathered other than Klaus. "What's happening," I asked when Five and I stopped walking and leaned against the staircase banister. Diego just pointed at the T.V., so Five and I turned our attention to the T.V. "Several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination. The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald. Vanya Hargreeves, wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza," said the man on the television, holding up a photo of Vanya. "A Cuban exile known only as Diego," said the man on the television, interrupted by Diego asking, "Cuban?"

"A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected mafia ties who fights under the alias 'King Kong'. Allison Chestnut, a Negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stadtler's lunch counter. And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader, and known tax evader. The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for this unidentified boy and his girlfriend, who they believe are being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network," droned on the man in the televisions, and I sighed in exasperation. "Seriously? First of all, I look horrible in that photo! I legit had a seizure before that and my hair is a mess. Second of all, why does everyone call me this kid's girlfriend?! These people don't even know us," I said, waving my hands around in annoyance. "If it weren't for you, I would feel like I was being held hostage most days," said Five, making me laugh. "God, I hate that photo," said Diego, while Vanya asked, "What do you mean by a seizure?" "Well, I collapsed onto the ground and had literal electricity pass through me... I assumed it was a seizure," I shrugged. "I was being shocked at Dealey Plaza," said Vanya, making me realize. "Ohhhh, so I was feeling your shocks! That makes sense," I said. "They're saying I instigated the riot? That's unbelievable," said Allison, huffing angrily. "Look, the good news is that we restored the timeline and we stopped doomsday. So-," said Luther before Diego interrupted by saying, "Yeah, a bunch of real goddam heroes. We let Kennedy die."

"Yeah, and now we're officially the most wanted people in the world. The FBI is after us, the Dallas Police, the Secret Service. It's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here," said Allison. "Well, stop complaining and give suggestions, Allie. Just talking about our problems isn't going to fix them," I said. "She's right," said Five, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "I have this yurt just outside Reykjavik. We could totally lay low there. Folks there are a little weird but lovely," said Klaus coming down the stairs. "Hey, Numbnuts. Hidings not going to make a difference here. The Commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go," said Five from beside me. "He's right. They'll never stop," said Diego, and I looked at I'm in confusion. "Since when do you know so much about the Commission," Five and I asked in unison. My tone was questioning while Five's tone was sarcastic. "Maybe tone down the sarcasm a bit and humbly ask him," I suggested, nudging him playfully. "Since I got back from there," answered Diego nonchalantly. "What," Five and I said again, me asking with concern and Five asking with disbelief. "Yeah, they head-hunted me, offered me a job. Full time with benefits, which I had to turn down," replied Diego, looking legitimately upset he had to leave. "They headhunted you... the village idiot," laughed Five, though I could sense some jealousy in his tone. "Five, don't be rude," I said indignantly. "What, am I not allowed to be head-hunted? Only the almighty Five need to be in demand? Well, let me tell you, I was the one who figured out that Vanya causes doomsday. That's right, I figured it all out on the infinite switchboard," bragged Diego. "You were on the infinite switchboard," asked Five, jealousy and disbelief lacing his words. "Hell yeah, I made the machine my bitch. Y'all need to recognize I got shit going on that y'all don't even know about," yelled Diego. "Lila wishes she could be the switchboard," I joked, trying to get the two to stop fighting.

"This isn't helping," interrupted Luther. "Look, I met the Resistance in their secret lair. All right? I went through orientation and I passed and I stopped doomsday," continued Diego as Vanya went up the stairs. Five was about to reply, but I grabbed his arm, making him turn his face to me."Don't waste time fighting him. He's stubborn as a mule. We need to think about what to do with The Commission. You have been with them the longest, you'll know the most, regardless of whether Diego went or not," I said. He clenched his hand for a second before relaxing and nodding. We both sat down on the stairs, Klaus standing in front of us and laughing at the fight between the family members. "So, you said that there is no place where The Commission won't find us. The only thing we can do is stop The Commission from killing us or killing The Commission. Now, obviously, we can't kill the whole Commission, so we can only kill the leader. Now, you had said that you killed the board. So that means that, currently, The Handler holds the power and makes the calls. So, we need to kill The Handler. But how do we do that? She would definitely be very well protected," I said in a rush, not even taking a breath. As I turned to face Five, I noticed he was just gazing at me. "Five," I said, snapping my fingers in front of his eyes. "Yeah," he muttered, his eyes still glazed over. "What are you thinking about," I asked curiously, shifting my body so that I could look at him more comfortably. "You're pretty when you're all bossy and smart," said Five, smiling at me. "Thank you, you're not too bad yourself," I chuckled, pressing a gentle kiss to his lips. "GUYS, WE NEED TO MOVE, ALRIGHT! THAT'S OUR ONLY OPTION," yelled Luther, breaking the comfortable mood I was in.

"I'm leaving," interrupted Vanya suddenly, making us all turn to look at her.