Chapter 8

Key:

P/T/O/E - Preferred term of endearment

H/C - Hair color

Y/N - Your Name

Your P.O.V.

"I am gonna kill him," growled Five. "I'll help," said Diego, cracking his knuckles angrily. "I am so sorry, sweetie. I promise, it will get better," said Vanya, kissing my forehead. "Thanks, mom," I sniffled, shivering a little from the cold. "Oh, you poor thing. You must be so cold. Go take a shower, I'll arrange some clothes for you," said Vanya. I nodded and went to the bathroom. I took a shower with hot water and changed into the clothes Vanya had given me. I went back downstairs to see Vanya, Diego, and Five waiting for me. "Hi," I said, my voice hoarse from the crying. "Hey, P/T/O/E, how are you feeling," asked Five. "Better," I said, sitting down on the couch. Vanya sat down next to me and I placed my head on her lap. She ran her fingers through my H/C hair (if possible), the soft and continuous movement calming me down. "So what happened," asked Five, sitting down on the ground so he was at my level. "I walked home and the door was a little open. I opened the door to see him making out with some girl. His sister shouted at him and I threw a shitload of china at him," I said as tears slipped down my face. "I'm so sorry you had to see that sweetie," said Vanya, kissing the top of my forehead. "I mean, I had been planning on breaking up with him, but this still hurts.  I mean, am I really worth that little, that he just cheated on me with someone else," I whispered, crying a little. "Doll, you are a literal goddess, and if he cheated on you he doesn't deserve you," said Diego. "Thanks, Buck," I said, smiling softly. "Ugh, I'm so sad. Alexa, play Despacito," I said, wanting to lighten the mood. "What does that mean," asked Vanya, confused while Diego laughed. "Oh, it's a vine," I said. "What the fuck is a vine? You know what, fuck you and whatever new age humor you have," groaned Five jokingly. "First of all, you wish. Second of all, this new age humor is better than you boomer humor, old man," I joked, and everyone chuckled. "It's getting late, you should all go to bed," said Luther, coming out of one of the rooms. I nodded and got up. As everyone started going to their rooms, Luther walked up to me. "I'm sorry," he said. I nodded and smiled at him before going to one of the spare rooms. I lay in bed, tossing and turning but not getting any sleep. I really didn't want to disturb anyone, but I was so tired and just wanted to sleep. I tiptoed to the room Five had gone to. I opened it to see Five awake. "Y/N? What are you doing here?" he asked when he noticed me. "I couldn't sleep," I said softly. "Can I sleep with you?" I asked hopefully. Five nodded, so I went to his bed and lay down next to him. I wrapped my arms around him and snuggled my face into his chest. He kissed my head before wrapping his hands around me too. I soon fell asleep to the sound of Five's heartbeat and the comforting smell of coffee.

The next morning, I woke up and saw that Five wasn't there. I yawned and stretched before walking out of the room. "Well, hello," said Diego, smirking a little. "Moring Buck," I said. Vanya was sitting on the couch while Luther was reading a familiar-looking piece of paper. "Hey, I got that too," I said, pointing at the paper. "I thought this was just a set-up," I continued, and Luther said, "My thoughts exactly." "Maybe, but we should go anyway," said Diego, buttoning up a shirt. "Says the man who has already been stabbed once this week," I said while grabbing the coffee pot and pouring some. "Doll, don't worry. Him and I are gonna have words," said Diego. "Would you tell him he's nuts," said Luther, pointing to Vanya. "I think we should go," said Vanya, making me choke on my coffee. "Vanya, of all people, you should hate dad the most," said Luther, and I nodded aggressively. "Come on, can he really be that bad," asked Vanya. "Well, let's see then. He isolated you from the rest of the family," started Luther. "Kept you hopped up on pills," continued Diego, tucking his shirt in. "And he brainwashed you into thinking you had no powers," I finished, grabbing some toast and eating it plain. "Jesus, this guy... I mean, come on, I have to meet him," said Vanya, making me groan in annoyance while Diego smirked at me. "Okay, whatever, I guess we're going. Now, I'm gonna go get ready," I said, going to the bathroom. 

After taking a shower, I changed into a cream blouse with a navy-blue miniskirt and black stockings. I paired those with a pair of navy blue pumps. I left my hair open (if possible), styling it a little, and put on some mascara and lipgloss. I walked out of the bathroom. "Doll, we were just discussing how we should stop this Number One, Number Two bullshit. From now on it's team Zero," said Diego, holding out his fist. "First of all, I am not a number, so I don't care. Second of all, what about Five, his name is literally a number. Third of all, 0 is also technically a number," I said. Diego looked downcast for a moment, so I rolled my eyes and fist-bumped him. He grinned at me and picked me up, swinging me around in a circle before putting me back down. "Thanks, doll," he said before walking away. I sighed and got a book, keeping an eye on the time.

A few hours later, I had finished the book. I got up and looked into the mirror one last time, fixing the flyways in my hair (if possible) and putting in a headband before walking out the door, grabbing my purse with the invitation in it. I walked the distance, singing softly. Soon, I reached the location, a building called "Southland Life". I walked in and saw a modern-looking set of stairs. I claimed up it, marveling at the artwork and graffiti on the walls. I walked until I saw an exit sign. I peeked in to see Five standing in front of the elevators. "Hey Five," I said, opening the glass door. "P/T/O/E, what are you doing here," asked Five, looking at me in confusion. "Apparently I am invited too," I said, holding up the invitation in my hand. He nodded. "How are you feeling," he asked, looking at me with concern. "Okay, I guess. I mean, I wasn't really in love with him. I was just, fond of him, I guess. I realized I love someone else," I said, blushing a little. I walked near Five and placed my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my head softly. I sighed, the comforting feeling I got with Five making me forget about everything else. The elevator door opened and Five and I walked in. Five pressed the button for the floor, keeping me next to him. Suddenly, the door stopped closing.

"Wait up," said Diego, walking into the elevator. He smirked at Five and me, so I stuck my tongue out at him. Five looked shocked but happy that Diego was there. "Hold it," said Allison, rushing into the elevator wearing a gorgeous turquoise dress. She seemed surprised to see the rest of us here. "Hey everyone," said Klaus drunkenly and I smiled at him. Vanya walked in awkwardly, not saying anything. I waved at her, and she waved back. Luther was the last to walk in, making Five and I move to the side. "Good, we're all here," said Five, smirking. God, he looked hot. He then kissed my forehead, and I snuggled my head further into his shoulder.

"SHIP," yelled Klaus suddenly. "Shut the fuck up," I replied, wrapping my arms around Five.