Chapter 1

A/N: ^^ That's Edmund people- Also, read my first book before you read this one, you can find the book on my profile :)

Key:

Y/N - Your Name

L/N - Last Name

F/C - Favourite color

Your P.O.V.

I landed in some weird alley. There was a dumpster on one end. The electric blue vortex was still visible. "Five! Klausy! Mom! Buck," I yelled into the vortex, hoping someone would reply. Suddenly, the vortex disappeared. I walked out of the alley and onto the fairly empty streets. I immediately knew something was wrong. Everything looked so... old. "Where the fuck am I," I said. I ran back to one of the trash cans. I rummaged through a relatively dry one, looking for a newspaper. I found one and looking for the date. July 23, 1962. Shit. I mean, I loved the fashion of the 1960s but I didn't actually wanna go there-

I tried to find a location and figured out I was in Dallas, Texas. With nowhere else to go, I decided to go down the fairly empty main road. I took a few turns here and there, not really sure what to do. I suddenly saw two men. They were well dressed, with suits that looked expensive. Hoping that they could help me, I walked up to them. However, when I came closer, I noticed that the suits they were wearing were all crumpled. Their hair was messy and their faces were red. I recognized the signs and realized they were drunk. Before I could turn around and run away, one of the men noticed me. "Hello there, little lady! Can we help you," he said, slurring his words a little. "No thank you, my father is waiting for me," I said, hoping that mentioning a man would make them leave me alone. "Well, little lady, we can wait here with you," the other man replied, walking up to me along with his friend. "Please stay away from me," I said, walking backward, away from them. "I'm afraid, little lady, that we need your help with something," said the first man, coming dangerously close to me. I tried running, but the man tripped me and I fell, still facing them. 

"Well, that's not a nice way to treat a lady," said another voice, making the two men turn around. There stood a boy who looked around 14, with messy black hair that reminded me so much of Five it made my heart hurt. He was wearing a white sweater with jeans, giving off a very light academia vibe. "Go away kid, this is none of your business," said one of the men. "Oh really? How about we ask her," he asked looking at me. I shook my head, no. "You saw her. Leave, now," said the boy. Although the boy was young, he gave off a regal air. The men immediately left, grumbling under their breath. "Thank you," I said gratefully. "No problem, miss. What's your name," he asked, helping me up. "My name's Y/N. Y/N L/N. What's yours," I asked, dusting off my tights. "My name is Edmund Pevensie," he replied, smiling at me.

"Those are some... interesting clothes you're wearing," he said, looking at my black tights, F/C turtleneck, and black running shoes. "Yeah, I'm not really from around here," I said. "Is there any family waiting for you," he asked, looking at me with his brown eyes. "No, not really. I ran away from my dad," I said, deciding to stick to the story I had when I met Vanya. "I'm sorry. If you would like, you can come to my home. I'm sure my sister can find you something to wear," he said kindly. "Thank you so much, I would really appreciate it," I said, smiling at him. He smiled back and started walking, me walking next to him. While we were walking, I told him the basic story of my life. His way of talking and his looks reminded me so much of Five. The messy black hair, the extreme amount of sarcasm, the apparent love for coffee. 

"We're here," he said when we reached. I looked to see a beautiful house. It was not especially large, but it was very homely looking, with yellow walls and two floors and a beautiful front porch. The garden was gorgeous, with all types of flowers growing. "You have a wonderful house," I said to him. "Thank you, Y/N," he replied before opening the gate and letting me into the garden. "Lucy! Come meet someone," said Edmund as soon as he opened the door. A younger brown-haired girl walked down the stairs to the front door. "Oh, hello there! I'm Lucy, Edmund's sister," said the girl, smiling at me so warmly it could make even the grouchiest of people melt. She had brown eyes just like her brother, with hair going past her shoulders and kept back with a headband. The headband matched her knee-length, dark blue skirt which she had paired with a white button-down shirt. "Hello! My name is Y/N L/N," I said, holding out my hand for her to shake. She playfully rolled her eyes before hugging me. When I hugged her, I felt like we were family. "So Lu, Y/N will be staying with us for some time, okay," he asked, and Lucy nodded excitedly before saying, "Finally, another girl in the house!"

Soon, I became a proper member of the family and started helping around with the household work in return for staying there. Since Edmund's mother had passed away from cancer, the house was left under Edmund's care. Edmund and I became really close. When I was with him, it felt like I had a piece of Five still with me. After 2 months with no sign of anyone else from The Academy, I decided that it was hopeless. I missed Five so much, but I pushed all my memories and feelings for The Umbrella Academy down and accepted my new life. I started baking with Edmund more, just to have something to remind me of the boy who I loved. On the 18th of November, Edmund confessed his feelings for me. With no hope of ever meeting Five and the rest of The Academy again, I said I liked him too, and we started dating. 

It was a beautiful morning. The date was the 19th of November. I was excited because it was going to be Edmund and I's anniversary in three days, and he was planning something really special. "Good morning, love," said Edmund, coming out from our room and into the kitchen. "Good morning, Ed," I replied. I brought the newspaper from outside and handed it to him, along with his breakfast of pancakes. "Love, did you hear about the shooting that happened in our town today," said Edmund, making me look up from the pan. "No, I didn't... what happened," I asked, flipping the pancake. "Apparently, an old man got shot and some 13-year-old kid barely escaped," said Edmund. "Gosh, that's horrible. The kid's parents must be so scared for him," I said, flipping that last pancake onto a plate and turning the stove off. "Also, some 13-year old came to the club last night... he even asked one of the waitresses when she was getting off work," said Edmund, chuckling at the last bit. I laughed too, trying to keep myself from hoping that it was Five.  "Lu, come get breakfast," I yelled, placing the pancakes on that table and taking a few for myself. "Coming," she yelled before running down the stairs in her nightclothes. After eating, I went to take a bath. I wore a white button-up top with a(n) F/C skirt, stockings, and mary-jane style shoes. I came out to see Edmund getting ready for work. He worked as the card dealer for poker at a club. Apparently Jack Ruby also came to the club last night. "Oh, love.... be careful when you go shopping today... some psychos escaped from the asylum," said Edmund, successfully putting on his tie. "Of course, Ed," I said, sighing.

"Bye love," said Edmund as he left the house. "Bye, Ed," I replied before entering the house again. I grabbed my house keys and a grocery bag to go grocery shopping.