Chapter 12

Key:

L/F/C - Light favorite color

D/F/C - Dark favorite color 

Y/N - Your name

P/T/O/E - Preferred term of endearment

Your P.O.V.

I went to the room Five and I had shared last night. I climbed into the bed, wrapping the blankets around me to give the illusion of warmth. If I concentrated hard enough, I could smell the coffee that Five always smelled like for some reason. I shut my eyes and tried to not think about Elliot. I decided to think about colors. I mean, L/F/C was such a beautiful color, and seeing it always makes me happy. It always made me feel light to see that color like I was eating a princess-themed cupcake. But D/F/C was so rich and down to earth. It was vibrant and royal seeming, and it always made me feel like I was in a fantasy world. Soon, I drifted off.

I woke up the next morning and felt like a mess. I checked the time and saw it was 4 A.M. Ugh, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I need my beauty sleep! I walked to the mirror to see dark circles under my eyes and my skin looked paler than usual, making me look like a literal vampire. I groaned and went back to bed, trying a failing to fall asleep again. I gave up and got ready. When I walked out, I saw Diego and Luther standing around Elliot's body, as if they had not left. "I can't believe Elliot is dead," said Luther, covering Elliot's face with a blue sheet. "He was a good guy. He deserved better than this," said Diego morosely. "Yeah, he did," I said, making Luther and Diego notice me. "You guys want breakfast," I asked, and both the boys nodded. I started making french toast and coffee, keeping in mind that Five would probably want some when he came back. "Elliot must have been getting too close to the truth. It smells like the feds," said Diego while I made breakfast. "Are you crazy, Buck? The feds wouldn't do this. They would take him away for questioning, not torture him to death in his own house. I don't know about you guys, but I think it was the Swedes," I said, shrugging and flipping the french toast onto a plate. "I don't think so, doll. Maybe this person signed their name? Oga Foroga," asked Diego, looking at me then Luther. "Breakfast is ready, along with coffee if you want some," I said, making sure that I grabbed as much as possible before they could even start eating. I then poured out a cup of coffee and started drinking it. "Also, if you want to know if that's a name, check the phone book," I said, practically inhaling the food. "I'll look her up," said Luther, going to the phone book and grabbing some toast along the way. "Thanks, doll," said Diego, grabbing a plate too. Just as I finished, Luther said, "Holy shit, I found her. Olga Foroga. That must be her." "Call the bitch," said Diego making me roll my eyes. "It's not going to work," I said, making Diego look at me and say, "You lack of faith is nice." I groaned but went quiet, knowing that they needed to find out themselves that they were wrong. Just as I heard Luther pick up the phone, I heard a familiar whoosh. I saw Five climb up the stairs and see the chair where Elliot was. He placed a suitcase on the ground and gingerly picked up the sheet. "It's ringing," I heard Luther say as Five covered Elliot's face again. "Uh, hello Olga," said Luther. I decided to give up on listening to what they were saying and went to Five instead, with a cup of coffee. "Horrible isn't it," I said, handing him the coffee. "Mm-hmm," he nodded, taking the coffee. I noticed he was covered in blood. I was about to ask him why it looked like he had a horrible period, but before I could, he walked away, picking up the suitcase and hiding it.

"Hey! It's Öga for Öga, idiots. Swedish for 'an eye for an eye.' It means the Swedes killed Elliot," said Five while pulling off his bloody blazer. "Wrong number, have a lovely day," said Diego into the phone before cutting the call. "I told you so, I told you so, I told you so," I chanted, doing a small victory dance. "Yeah, yeah, stop rubbing it in," said Diego, making me stick out my tongue and say, "I'll do whatever I want! And have you ever met a serial killer who signs their own name, in blood, at the murder scene?" "Now, Five, do you mind me asking why you look like Carrie from the musical," I asked, facing Five. "I do mind, actually," he said, making me roll my eyes. "What did you do," I asked, and he replied, "I told you that I'll tell you... but later, we are running out of time. So, I found a way to go back home. All the details are irrelevant, but I made a deal to get back to our timeline," said Five. "What about doomsday," asked Diego, and Five said, "Won't happen." "What about the 2019 one," I asked as he tied his tie. "Everything will be back to normal. Now, we gotta go find the others," said Five. "Luther, you get Allison. Diego, Klaus. Y/N and I will go get Vanya. Now we meet back in the arrival alley in 77 minutes. Here, I've synchronized these watches," said Five, handing Diego and Luther the watches. "Okay, let's do this," said Luther. Five grabbed my hand and we went towards the stairs when Diego said, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on. You show up drenched in blood and expect us to believe everything's gonna go back to normal if we go home now?" 

"Elliot just got killed because of us," said Five, making Diego ask, "What about dad? What about JFK?" "Diego, we have a chance to go home and make things right. We are taking it," said Five angrily as I went to lean against the railing. "I have to say goodbye to Lila," said Diego after a moment of silence. "Lila doesn't give a shit about you Diego," yelled Five. I walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, signaling him to calm down. His shoulders relaxed and his jaw clenched as he said, "I'm sorry, Diego, but she never did. She's one of them. She's a member of the commission. She was just using you to get to me. You're the Oswald of this story, my friend." With that Five turned around and moved towards the stairs again. "You don't know what you are talking abou-," said Diego before being interrupted by Five appearing in front of him and saying, "If you don't do this, I'll kill you myself. Got it?" As then tension between the two brothers grew, I said, "Say that again, it sounded good!"The tension diffused as Diego looked at me, scandalized, while Five looked at me and smirked. "Enough of your jokes, P/T/O/E. Let's go before I kill you myself," chuckled Five, grabbing my hand. I pretended to swoon dramatically as we clambered down the stairs, making Five roll his eyes at me playfully. We then went to the car and jumped in, Five starting the car immediately. We went off in a rush to where Vanya's farm was located. 

He was holding the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles were white. "Five, breath a bit. Maybe let your fingers have some blood circulation," I said, rubbing his shoulder comfortingly. He flexed his finger, taking him off the steering wheel one at a time. "Now, care to explain," I asked him, referring to the "deal" he had talked about yesterday and the blood. "... Fine. So, you remember I had told you about the commission and the Handler? And about how they manage the timeline? The Handler gave me a deal. She said that if I kill all the members of The Commission's board, I can get one of the suitcases that will allow us to travel back to 2019, with no apocalypse in either timeline. I took the deal, which was why I was covered in blood this morning. But she tricked me by setting a timer for 90 minutes on the traveling. If we don't make it by then, we won't be able to get back," said Five without taking a breath. I sat quietly for a minute, trying to process everything he had just said. "That's... a lot," I said, not sure how to reply. He looked down guiltily and said, "I didn't want to do this. I just did it to save you and my family." 

"Five, I don't blame you. No one will, not even goody two shoes Luther could blame you. You're doing it for us, and this makes you selfless," I said, smiling at him reassuringly. He smiled back, but it was very stiff. I sighed and placed my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead, his shoulders relaxing. His death grip on the steering wheel released. "And, to be honest, you looked kinda hot covered in blood," I said, smirking. Five chuckled a little at that, rolling his eyes. I started humming softly, my eyelids drooping from my lack of sleep and the comfort I felt with Five. "Hey Y/N," said Five, and I hummed sleepily. "I lo-," he said, before being interrupted by a familiar face driving by us.

Vanya.