Starfire the (new) Avenger

I don't own Percy Jackson or Avengers
                         Cassie POV

The three days fly by quickly, with me saying my goodbyes and promising to come back sometime in August. The goodbye with Lou Ellen and Olivia was especially tearful, but both are stronger than ever. They're so powerful and I love them. Lia said that she'll have a phone soon, and both her and Violet have already placed an order with Leo. Rachel said that she hopes any prophecies she says aren't about me, and Will hopes that I don't get injured.

TJ, who I've gotten pretty friendly with, wishes me luck with the Avengers, and Alex does as well. Andrew similarly wishes me luck. I think he has a crush on Lia. I've seen the way they stare at each other.  Humming to myself, I put away all my clothes.  The camp shirts get tucked into a drawer, while the rest goes in my closet.  It's nice having a queen size bed again.  But I like being at camp better than being here. 

I have a new picture, taken on my Polaroid camera, of me and TJ and Alex, that I hang up on the wall by my desk.  There's others too.  I take a lot of pictures.  If you are a demigod, you have to have something left behind if something happens to your friends.  That's good advice for mortals too.  Make memories with people, pay for that photo of you guys on the rollercoaster, because you never know when those people will be gone. 

Death is always untimely and unfair, and it comes for us all eventually.  All we can do is delay it.  And I intend to delay it for as long as possible.  In other news, I have a big day today. I'll be officially an Avenger after today's press conference. I've also thought of changing my last name to Stark. But I'm also the last one to carry the last name Bennett from my family. Maybe I'll take both. Yeah, both is nice.

I have roughly four hours until I have to leave, so I'll get ready now. I put on a layer of concealer, hiding most of the blemishes on my face that I should probably go see a dermatologist for. I stay away from eyeshadow, I don't like how it looks on me, but I do put some eyeliner on. Mascara and lipstick are next, and finally, blush. I like how it looks, I'll fix whatever gets messed up before I leave.

I keep my hair down, brushing and curling it slightly. I showered just before I did my makeup, so my hair is still in that post-conditioner soft stage. And it still smells like coconut. I paint my nails a nice shade of blue, but they take about ten years to dry. I've killed about an hour now, just getting ready. This is one of the rare opportunities I can indulge in my more feminine side, and I am taking full advantage of it.

The dress I've picked out is a white sundress with yellow sunflowers on it. It's my favorite dress, besides the one that has pockets. My shoes are white high heels, but I have flats in my yellow purse in case I need them. I don't dress like this everyday, but I love it when I do. I stay away from more sexy outfits like I've seen some people at my school wear when they aren't caught by the dress code. And I avoid crop tops like the plague, since a really high one will show the bottom part of the scar on my chest.

I do have a cover story in place for it (picked a fight with a mountain lion), but I'd rather not use it. And as for my new, very-faint-but-still-visible scar, the one running down my arm from the chariot race, I have a whole story for that one. That is, falling out of a wheelbarrow being pushed down a steep hill, and cutting it on a rock. Yep. That's what I came up with. My moments of genius are rare and very scattered.

It's about time to leave, so I put on my heels and grab my purse, checking that my makeup still looks good. I've been in my room reading these past hours, only leaving to make myself some tea.  My necklace hangs proudly around my neck, and the ring is secured tightly on my finger. 

I'm also wearing the charm bracelet Lia gave me, and the earrings that Olivia gave me. I'm wearing a few other bracelets that I never take off, including a friendship bracelet from a friend from four or so years ago who's been missing for just as long, and a silver bracelet from Rachel. Each of us have the same bracelet.