I have a kid?!

I don't own Percy Jackson or The Avengers, they belong to their respective owners
                               Tony POV
———————————————————————
I got a call from some dude named Adam Taylor today.  He says I have another kid?!  What?  He also said that the kids's guardian has died, and asked if I wanted to take her in.  She's sixteen.  Two years, should be easy.  I said yes. 

A home would be better than an orphanage, right?  And maybe Peter can finally have someone his age in this compound besides the occasional visit from Shuri.  I drive to her apartment.  I knock and she opens the door.  I stare at her. 

She has gold eyes and hair, and she looks more angry than sad.  The eyes are unsettling.  She also appears to glow a little bit.  Not even that noticeable.  I'll ask FRIDAY to scan her later. "Hello", she says, so coldly that the air temp seems to drop with each sound. I ask her to get in the car, and she wants to drive her own. Is she always this cold and distant?

I send someone for her car right away. She has a couple bags, and puts those in the backseat, and gets in. What kind of person doesn't take the opportunity to ride shotgun?! Then, I recognize those eyes. The eyes of a baby left on my doorstep. I left her, put her up for adoption. I didn't even name her, I cared so little about her! No wonder she hates me so much! I have to get on better terms with her.

She's on her phone. Something seems off about the phone though, it doesn't look like a normal IPhone. It must be the lack of sleep playing with my mind. Texting someone, by the constant tapping. I turn on the music to drown it out. She doesn't complain.

The drive is uneventful, neither of us saying a word. When I introduce her to Clint, all she says is to call her Cass. Later on, though, she seems to hit it off with Wanda and Peter. That's good. I have FRIDAY sneakily run a scan. She doesn't seem as sad as I thought she'd seem, but way more angry. Maybe this is how teenagers deal with things?

She didn't even say anything to Morgan! How can someone resist a little kid trying to talk to them?! I look at the scan, and see something weird. Energy, running through her. She looks like she could bend sunlight if she wants. I have a superhuman as a daughter?! Maybe?

"Hey, Bruce! Come look at this and tell me if I'm hallucinating from lack of sleep, or if you see this too!", I say to him. He came to the lab like ten minutes ago. "Nope, I see this too, and I had eight hours of sleep today. This kid has literal light running through her.", he says. "Well, do you think she knows? Is this natural? Did her actual mom have powers and pass them down?", I ask.

"Well, the scan shows no marks of experimentation. Other suspicious scars, yes. Characteristic needle marks and oddly colored scars? No. If you want examples of experimentation, look at Wanda and Pietro.", Bruce answers.

We decide not to tell her or the team. She looks like she'll only attack if provoked. Cold and angry? Yes. Dangerous? Probably not. She could be a really good superhero. I'm thinking Solstice, or something else sun related for a code name. Wings, too. Cass is something else.

"Hey, look at this!", Bruce says, snapping me out of my costume ideas. "She doesn't look fully human, from this data at least.", Bruce adds. "What?", I say. "Half her DNA is yours, and the other half is missing. This girl shouldn't be alive, she's missing half her genome!", he says.

This kid looks nothing like me! How can she have no DNA but mine! Well, she's got my sass, and my genius intellect, but besides that, we are very different! The scan showed that her IQ is 165!  She is an actual genius.  Quite less intelligent than Bruce or me or Peter, but way smarter than the average person.  I decide I should sleep.  I want to be able to trust anything else I notice about her, and not pass them off as lack of sleep.