18: I'm scared.

Niki sighed and looked over at Wilbur, "I'm sorry Wil.. I never knew.."

"Nobody did Niki, don't be sorry but yeah, for a long time I blamed myself, that's why I first tried drugs. It was cocaine to see what her obsession was but then I tried weed and thought it was a lot better. It helped me cope and I don't wanna pass away the same way she did so I tried to end it to my own accord.. then Tommy found me and I regretted it.. I wanna stop but not by going rehab, I wanna do it myself and if I do end up dead, Tommy can't be the one to find me..." Wilbur explained.

"Oh Wil..." Niki hugged her friend, pulling him close as he cried silently into her shoulder, they stayed like that for a long time before Niki finally spoke up...

"Wil.. I think I should say this now before it's too late. You need to get rid of your phone.."

"What about Toms..?" Wilbur asked.

"Do whatever but if you don't wanna be found, break it, destroy it, it has to be untraceable."

Wilbur nodded weakly.

---

"He messaged me Tech." Tommy said walking into his older brother's room. His eyes were puffy and his face was stained with tears.

"He did? Is he okay? What's happening Tommy?" Techno asked, standing up from his bed.

"He um.." Tommy hesitated and wiped the tears which had started to fall down his face again, "He said he's fine and he'll be back.."

Techno's heart throbbed, "Tommy have you told Dad?"

Tommy shook his head slowly before running over to Techno and resting his head on his older brother's shoulder. Techno quickly pulled him close and spoke gently, "Toms, it's going to be fine, it'll all be fine. Wilbur does things like this, we all know that. Give me your phone and wait here. I need to talk to dad."

Tommy handed Techno his phone and sat down on his older brother's bed.

"I'll be one second." Techno said as he walked out.

---

"He texted Tommy." Techno said as he walked into Phil's room.

"Wilbur texted Tommy?" Phil clarified and Techno nodded, passing him Tommy's phone. Phil read the messages as Techno stood awkwardly, waiting for Phil's reply.

"Where is Toms?" Phil asked after a few moments.

"My room, crying his eyes out again. Dad he's 14. He shouldn't have to deal with his almost adult brother throwing a tantrum."

Phil shook his head, "Tech he's not throwing a tantrum. Don't say that about your brother but I do agree, Toms doesn't deserve to deal with it. There's not much we can do though."

"I'm sick to death of it. He's a child!"

"Techno, so are you. Neither of you should deal with it."

Techno stayed silent for a moment. "I'm sick to death of it." he repeated and walked out of the room, ignoring Phil calling for him.

--- (moments before)

"I'll be one second." Techno said as he walked out.

Tommy nodded before curling in on himself, he listened carefully to Phil and Techno speaking.

"My room, crying his eyes out again. Dad he's 14. He shouldn't have to deal with his almost adult brother throwing a tantrum." Techno started to raise his voice, Tommy felt his hands trembling. He hated the arguing, he hated the blaming and hated the shouting.

"Techno, so are you. Neither of you should deal with it."

Then the voices quietened. It was silent. A suffocating silence, all Tommy could hear was his own breathing and sniffling. Everything was blurry and he was tired and scared. He grabbed his hair with hands and held it tight before he felt a pair of bigger hands gently pull his own hands away.

It startled him but also calmed him.

"Tommy.. it's me." a voice said - Techno's voice said.

"I'm scared." Tommy said quietly.

"Me too Toms."

A/N: Hello, author here to update and apologize for lack of updates. Mental health shit and honestly didn't know how to write this. Sorry for how short it is. Hope everyone's okay. <3