17.5: bit of backstory ~

TW: accidental overdose, Cocaine mentioned.

"Mum! Me and Tommy were in your room and we found this white powder thing." Wilbur said, holding up a small bag.

His mum looked at him, eyes wide, "Wilbur, you shouldn't have that. It's adult stuff.."

Wilbur just nodded before passing it back to his mum, "I'm gonna go play outside with Tech!"

She nodded..

--
"How did he find it? Please for the love of god tell me." Phil cried.

"I left it on my desk, I didn't think he was gonna come in and look." Kristen said, teary eyes.

"Kristen, he's nosy. He's 10 years old. What did you expect?"

Kristen shrugged, letting tears stream down her face. "I didn't expect anything."

Phil nodded, he was seething with anger but didn't want to argue further with his wife.

"Wilbur? Where are you mate?"
--
Kristen mixed the cocaine with water before injecting it in to herself.

She didn't wanna feel this overwhelming guilt. She was sorry but he still found it..

She suddenly felt light headed..

--
"Can I ask mum to join us? She's been upstairs for hours." Wilbur asked.

"Of course mate." Phil replied and Wilbur ran towards the stairs, Tommy following close behind.

Wilbur made his way to his parents room and stopped in his tracks, "Tommy stay there."

Of course Tommy didn't and slowly made his way to the doorway.

"DAD!" Tommy screamed.

--

Phil ran upstairs with Techno following close behind. He gently pushed his kids out the way to see the horrific scene in front of him.

There his wife, laying on the floor. Not breathing.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck.." Phil whispered and grabbed his phone immediately.

"What the hell." Techno said quietly.

"Hello this is 999, what's your emergency..."

--
Wilbur walked downstairs to see his dad in tears.

"Dad..? What's wrong?" Wilbur questioned.

"Oh shit. I didn't realise you were awake." Phil replied.

"Dad.. she didn't make it did she?" Wilbur asked in a small voice.

Phil shook his head, "Wilbur. I didn't wanna have to tell you yet."

Wilbur was shaking. His entire world had come crushing down.

She didn't make it...

--
"Where's mum Wilby?" Tommy asked the older brunette.

"Toms, mums gone..."