8: Anger.

Tommy awoke the next morning, not really remembering the events that took place last night, all he could hear was shouts coming from Wilbur's room.

He knew Wilbur and Techno were arguing again but instead he was more worried about Phil and what happened yesterday.

Tommy headed downstairs to see Phil, he knew he was about to get into trouble the second he entered the kitchen and saw Phil's face.

"Morning Dad." Tommy said announcing his presence.

"Tommy good morning," He took a breath "look I know you're upset but that doesn't mean you get to run off whenever you want. We are your family and should be there for you." Phil said, using a very authoritative but kind tone.

"I know Phil but honestly I couldn't care less." The children only called their adoptive dad Phil when they were furious and that's exactly what Tommy was.

It came over him very suddenly, after Phil spoke to him, he didn't know why it angered him so much. It might've been because he didn't 'run off' in his opinion or because his dad was so calm. Annoyingly calm, there was so much shit and his dad just kept the same calm tone.

Phil sighed and looked at his son, "Tommy don't take that tone with me. I'm trying to help you here."

No it was none of the reasons previously stated, it was because Wilbur was the one who needed help and needed the comfort. He didn't want the help, he was fine. Wilbur was the one who ran off and for high, not Tommy.

"I don't need fucking help Phil." Tommy said kicking a chair close to him, sliding it towards Phil. It wasn't a hard enough kick for it to get to Phil but the chair slid and crashed to the floor.

"Tommy, please just stop it right now." Phil was used to dealing with Tommy's anger and nightmares but he hadn't been this furious in years.

"Why fucking should I? I don't need help and I want you to focus on Wilbur. The one who's upstairs shouting at Techno!" Tommy basically screamed causing Wilbur and Techno to rush downstairs.

"Tommy! Fuckin' hell." Wilbur said as he entered the kitchen. "What happened?"

"He fucking seems to think I need help. You're the one who's always high! Not me!" Tommy said motioning at Phil.

Nobody said anything for a moment, they all looked around at each other, not knowing what to do. Techno noticed the chair kicked to the ground, he looked at Tommy.

"Did you do that Toms?" He questioned, slightly worried.

Tommy didn't answer but Phil nodded and Techno furrowed his eyebrows. He stared at Wilbur accusingly.

"I don't need help." Tommy said adamantly and ran into Techno, laying his head onto Techno's stomach and wrapping his arms around his brothers waist.

Techno ruffled his brothers hair and lifted him up, hugging him back.

"You do know Dad was just trying to help right?" Techno asked and Tommy nodded. "So why'd you get so angry."

Tommy thought for a second, "Because Wilbur needs the help, not me." He said quietly.

Wilbur looked at Tommy, awkwardly scratching his neck. Tommy looked back apologetically at Wilbur and his older brother nodded.

"Sorry Dad." He said almost inaudibly, so quiet it would be difficult to make out if not for the awkward silence taking over the room.

Phil smiled sadly at his son and nodded, of course he forgave him and his son knew that. No words needed to be spoke in that moment. They all knew Tommy was right about Wilbur needing help and they'd need to work on that...

A/N: Kind of a filler chapter <3