Chapter 23

Kana's POV

I flutter my eyes open to see darkness around the room, at first i thought it was my room, but then i saw that many things in the room were not mine. 

Squeak

I quickly turn my head towards the door to see a weird doctor looking around the room and stop when seeing me. 

?: "Ah, so your finally awake" I don't respond at all, instead i stay still and try to remember what had happen the past hours that i had been unconscious. 

"Who are you and where am i?" He smiles and turns on the light, making the light blind me for a second. 

?: "My name is Shinra and Celty brought you here" I widen my eyes again and remember the event that had happened. 

"Where is she" 

Shinra: "Oh she's no-" 

Thump

I blink for a couple making the data that i had seen go to my brain, since he had just gotten hit with a book on the head and has fallen down on the floor. I stand up and wobble a bit, but keep my balance, when walking towards him. 

"Are you alright?" I see him smiling in his unconscious state and drool. 

?: "Shinra! you bastard" That voice i heard it before,but where. 

?: "I'm going to kill you!" I then see Shizuo coming in with his shirt off, but that didn't bother me at all, but what did was the slashes he had on his chest. 

?: "There you are!" He comes toward me and doesn't even notice me, when he grabs Shinra from the collar and lifts him up from the floor. 

Shizuo: "I thought you said it was going to hurt, you dtupid doctor!" He then begins to shake shinra, as if he was trying to wake him up. 

Shizuo: "Wake up!" I then go towards shizuo and touch his shoulder, but when i do he quickly turns his head towards me and glares at me. It didn't scare me at all, since his glare softened when he saw me. 

Shizuo: "Kana... what are you doing here?" He lets go of Shinra, making him hit the ground and say ouch. It was as if Shinra was faking his unconscious state. 

Shinra: "That hurt Shizuo" He starts to hold his head and complain to Shizuo, while shizuo ignores it and looks at me. 

"Well, i was saved by Celty" His eyes widen, behind his blue sunglasses. 

Shizuo: "Saved you, from who" 

"I can't really say, but they were wearing all yellow" He gets angry again and walks out the room; Shira follows him and i do the same. 

Shinra: "Shizuo? Where are you going?" The thing i can hears under his breath was kill, kill, kill, kill. I don't know what he was talking about, but he was really mad and putting on his shirt while opening the door to leave.

Shinra: "Shizuo! your still injuried, hey get back here!" I see Shinra run towards Shizuo, while Shizuo ignores him and storms away. I stay in front of the door way, waiting for one of them to return. When shira comes back, he only smiles and comes in. 

Shinra: "Sorry about that, he can get a little out of control with his temper when he is angry about something"

"What was he angry about?" 

Shinra: "I think it was about what had said" I look at him confused, while wondering why he would be mad about people hurting me. Nobody has ever cared, but Shiro he was the only one. 

"Oh.." Shinra looks at me, but then leaves to go into the kitchen. 

Shinra: "Kana are you hungry" I snap my head up and wonder how he knew my name, but then i remember that Celty could have told him or he heard Shizuo say my name. 

"No thank you" 

Shinra: "Are you sure?" I nod my head towards him. 

"Yes i'm sure" He pouts and coomes out of the kitchen and into the living room. 

Shinra: "Hey kana, tell me do you remember Shizuo from some where?" I blink and try to remember if i do, but i don't get anything, but from the morning when i saw him. 

"No, but i did meet him today in the morning" He nods his head and trys to think of something else. 

Shinra: " Do you know a guy by the name of Izaya Orihara?" 

"Yes, but i met him in the morning as well. You see i just moved here and this is my first time living in ikebukuro" He nods his head again. 

Shinra: "I see, then you don't remember any body at all" I look at him confused as he whispers somethings under his breath. 

"How do you know that i don't remember anyone" He breaks from his thoughts and looks at me. 

Shinra: "Oh well you see i know you since we were in high school" My eyes widen as he holds some pieces of my memories. 

"The do you know how i lost my memories or what my past was like?" He looks at me and shakes his head. 

Shinra: "Sorry Kana, but i don't know how you were in the past. Only that you were emotionless and that you hanged out with Izaya and Shizuo, but i do know that your fake mother erased all your memories. Along with another person, i forgot what his name was, but he had black hair and black eyes" My eyes widen as the description that sound like Shiro. Could Shiro have erased my memories? It is possible since he was the only one that was with me when i lost my memories, but then where could my fake mother b-.

Shinra: "Oh and your fake mother died. It was when Shizuo, Izaya, Celty, and me were trying to say you" I stand still and try to get all the data in my head, but every time i do my head hurts. 

"Thank you Shinra" My lips tremble a bit and my legs shake too. 

Shinra: "Are you alright Kana" His voice sounds as if its fading away.

Shinra: "Kana" Next thing i know is that i have fallen on the ground, but haven't blanked out, instead memories are going through my head fast. I think i remember who i am and what i am now.