Although the coronation was a formal event, it was a very close-knit group. Just alphas, their lunas, and betas, and other high rankers necessary to anoint him with the position. Since Alpha Reynolds was given a death sentence at his trial, his Luna, Amelia's mom had begged Blaze to let them be exiled. They had promised to never set foot in the werewolf territory again.

Matehood made it very difficult to just punish a single wolf. You punish one, you essentially punish them both. It made our law very tricky and confusing. At what point does punishing an innocent mate for the crime of their partner become justifiable? You give one a death sentence and the other soon followed. That was why it was so rare. But Alpha Reynolds had killed so many with his selfish plans and it was a logical punishment. The luna had made a formal plea for his release first and when that didn't work, she came to Blaze. In the end, despite her bullying, Blaze decided to take the high road.

He spoke the other alphas, especially the ancient pacts and convinced them to just exile him so ha may never step foot here again.

I didn't see Alpha Reynolds after he got arrested. And I suspected neither did Blaze. It would be hard to punish him if he did.

So alpha Reynolds and his mate left in the middle of the night unbeknownst to many, escorted by the elite guards to some unknown border of the pack to spend the rest of their life in a different sort of confinement.

After all the formalities with his father were completed, Blaze would officially take the position as king. However, he would only have the celebrations a year later. This year would be for him to get used to the position and the responsibilities that came with it, while probably being mentored by other alphas like my dad and high-ranking experts in their field. It's sort of like an apprenticeship. How dull. 

And that could also mean that if Blaze doesn't allow me to leave after the farewell ceremony like all the other alphas, I would get to see more of my own father too. Oh, joy.

So even though everyone knew he would officially become king this year, they knew better than to expect a celebration this year.

After returning to the pack, I see my parents along with my sisters waiting for me at my door. They looked like they wanted to talk(probably about Anastasia) and after the shopping fiasco, I just wanted time alone. Hailey couldn't stop staring at Blaze. I knew she was young but I recognized that starry-eyed expression anywhere. I bent down to her level, and my parents looked a bit anxious.

"If you like him that much, you can have him but I have to warn you there won't be any return policies or refunds available," I told her with a smile.

She looked confused. And Dex snorted. My mom swatted at him but I could see she was fighting laughter herself. They composed themselves pretty quickly though. They had a sorry expression as they looked at a scowling Blaze.

'So eager to sell me off as a charity case luna? It's the second time today,' his eyes told me.

I didn't care as I slammed the door in all their faces. I couldn't take any more of this for today. Not after all the shopping drama. Thankfully Blaze didn't give me the bag of clothes since he knew I would burn them. He looked like he would save it himself. I couldn't help the mental image of him trying on girls' clothes in front of his mirror. Wouldn't that be a sight to behold?

......

I got a lot of free time to myself thanks to Blaze's ceremony yesterday and that had helped me calm down a little.

However what I saw when I came down still got my blood boiling again.

Blaze was downstairs waiting for me with his damn sports car. The king was waiting on me with his sports car.

The one he used to flaunt around with Jem. I get into that damn car over my dead body.

He had probably asked the gang to go on ahead probably.

Maybe it was because of the bond or by instinct but Blaze knew my exact thoughts from my expression and he looked instantly regretful.

I didn't care enough to speak a word to him and shifted taking for the woods. I would rather go on foot.

I saw Dex joining Blaze from the corner of my eye, just as I left.

"Massive ego runs in our family." He had told Blaze matter of factly.

Blaze didn't say a word as he watched me go.

When I reached the college he was waiting for me.

He tried to hand me a set of clothes to change into- jeans and a T-shirt. Not bad.

I growled at him to move away as I went behind the tree where I had stashed one of any hoodies and a pair of jeans during my run. Then I shifted and clothed myself emerged out. He smiled at me as I walked past him, tying my hair into a pony. 

This was going to be another long day.