29: NEW PEOPLE

━━━━ ❛ MY EFFORTS didn't go to waste

━━━━ ❛ MY EFFORTS
didn't go to waste. ❜

An another question rushed through the lady's mind assured the trust they have put to her may have completely lost by now, who would trust an almost a traitor right? A sibling who have grown up separately from them. A sibling who's have different perception in life and have her own ways.

"not fully." Ray answered leaving the young (y/n) startled just as one of the siblings cried in frustration letting out those ball of emotions inside their mind. "This place isn't safe as we thought, later on─ this place will be discovered" chiming in clenching your fists speaking as if you didn't caused any trouble or ruckus. "and what do you think we're doing?" Don asked still doubting (y/n).

"what I'm saying is, we should head out as soon as possible especially in Cristy's case. In addition, that note stated we just have to find this Minerva?" explaining and checked the paper peeking behind Emma. "Lion's jaw" reading aloud whilst Ray behind you started estimating how long it will probably take. "how can we go there?" Emma asked as one of the younger siblings took in, "we saw on the maps when searching for the golden water" she claimed making Emma smile.

"then we're heading out!" she exclaimed cheerfully whilst (y/n) remained quiet hoping they could reach the destination earlier than 10 days. "let's go, we will lead the way to protect our siblings" Ray joined in pulling your sleeve guiding you to the front together with the others.

Three days─ less food yet a great meal when everyone searched for something to eat especially when they discovered monkeys feasting on various fruits. 8th day of travel─ walking down the woods holding the guns close to their chest alarmed if there's any demon chasing or hunting desperate for food.

"how'd you found us that time?" Ray asked walking beside (y/n) who remained silent aware that no one is trusting her anymore. "I checked the base and found out you weren't there, I presume that time that you all went running towards that location" she answered in a stern mood. "run! There are demons ahead" you informed and headed towards the south,

These people─ you widened your eyes in shock just as Emma and Ray caught up the scene, "we have to save this people!" Emma snapped firing one of her arrows using her wooden bow whilst Ray pointed the tip of the gun to one of the people, you lifted your index finger shushing them about your identity; you hadn't mention anything about you and Norman to begin with.

Taking another step, you held one of his comrades collar and lifted them threatening them, "who are you?" blatantly asking. "right, this is Jin, and this is Hayato" they answered as you sighed putting them down─ clicking your tongue and made your hands a thumbs up assuring they're not a threat or anything involve about to Peter.

"THESE ARE GRACE FIELD ESCAPEES!" One of them yelled pointing Don who's behind Ray, "we told you to be quiet!" Don defended panicking trying to keep everyone quiet or else that'll draw attention from creatures. "We have been searching for you! Under William Minerva's command" he chimed in as Emma decided to bring them to the siblings left out there.

Astonished. They were amused about the escapees while you were left leaning on the tree trunk listening to their conversation, "boss is smart! In only six months, he rescued and crushed several farms leading hundreds of children!"

A cunning, smart, capable boss─ that's how they described Minerva or Norman they say, "how can you be sure about that? What about the Jaw of the Lion?" You interfered stealing the people's attention whilst Ray agreed to your reasoning. "boss have send two people too! We can assure that the base is safe too, there are strong subordinates who always protect us" they added proudly.

"alright," you finally gave in─ maybe this will gain a new clean reputation and for your name too. "guys, I think Cristy's condition is getting worse" Emma informed touching her forehead a sudden strike of worry was brought in her insides as you knelt down checking her pulse. "swallow breathing─ the same goes for her pulse, high temperature too" You murmured blinking.

"He could be getting an infection, but we already used up all the antibiotics" Anna chimed in as you continued to check him, "what about Mujika's medicine?" they asked yet the medics defended that "We already applied it"

"This is Bad, if his immunity continued to drop, we might not be able to save him." spoken by Zack checking his condition stepping aside yours. "We might not he able to survive until tomorrow," he added as you stood up wandering around thinking something─ the solution was on the last part of your tongue. It wouldn't come out.

"Is there really nothing we can do?" Ray asked standing still yet trying to be strong for this situation, whilst Emma continued to stare lost in her own thoughts. "Don't give up, there's an another way" one of the new people chimed in, "how? We can save Cristy?" Emma asked shocked and persuaded.

"The plantation." you muttered and cleared your throat excusing yourself for a while yet enough to hear their conversation, "oi, it seems like your expedition went to waste. You're coughing blood again" Ray whispered on your right ear under his breath.

"not at all."