26: LAST RADIO CALL

❝ game starts now. ❞

You wore a fresh newly washed clothes leaving the room you used last night, a door made a creaking sound as you shut it as some of Norman's comrades stared at you though it doesn't made you that uncomfortable─ you just found it weird.

Your fists made a contact with the wooden door knocking before entering Norman's office aware that he's respected here and treated like someone else. "(Y/n)? Come in," he said calmly arranging some papers on his desk seems like he's already planning his next moves. "Have you eaten yet? Breakfast?" He asked once again whilst you remained quiet clenching your fist as you sighed sitting on the nearest couch near the door.

"I need the medicine, give me some for me to survive," you directly stated as he turned his head towards you bringing all his attention for you, "of course, that's why you're staying here right? We'll keep you in watch and see if your health would get better," he explained tracing the books on his shelf searching for something.

"Just like what we've dealt, I'll help you out with your plans, so what are they?" You asked sitting on the couch comfortably letting your guard down knowing that there are no people watching or eavesdropping your conversation. "We will exterminate every single demon," he bluntly stated and smiled graciously like an angel who won't do anything bad at all.

"What? All of them? Why?" You asked loud and clear standing out from the room, "what do you mean? That's the only solution? Demons can't survive without eating humans, and humans can't live freely if there's demons?" He mumbled as you scrunched up your nose holding your chin with your thumb and index finger. "That's because there's a chain, but what if we could replace humans? Emma would likely oppose this plan" muttered trying to calm down.

"Even Emma's here, we'll continue our plan, the plan to save everyone" he insisted as you clicked your tongue having the last ounce of understanding, "I─ nevermind." You claimed unsure how would you explain your thoughts rationally; you're different from Emma to begin with, instead of bursting out something without thinking sometimes or just telling what she witnessed you're the other way around─ the rational one. The one who must find a reason or an explanation before telling it to someone because you knew that your ideas will just turn useless without an explanation.

"Then, let's just finish this at all once when Emma and Ray are here too," you suggested as Norman nodded sitting on his seat again facing his wooden desk. "You came to ask for the medicine earlier instead of engaging the conversation about the plans, meaning you are here for something else," Norman smirked as you just snarled showing his guess is right.

"Correct, and that includes the medicine to keep my health better" you said as Norman chuckled, "I knew it, I've known you until now. You didn't changed," he mumbled resulting you to just laugh at his phrases that doesn't makes sense anymore; hadn't changed? You're far from the old you. "And what are you thinking?" He asked tapping his fingers on the desk glaring at you softly yet those pupils are surely planning something.

"I should leave by now, that's why I'm asking just to get the medicine. I promise to drink it regularly," you swore as he just sighed, "no you're not leaving, what will happen to you if I am not there?" He retorted back whilst you stared on his figure wearing a complete suit underneath is a black vest. "One is enough, two is too much, three is a poison that kills a person" you answered before he could give any reason once again, "one rest is enough for me to get moving, I have to protect Emma, Ray, and the others too!  What if I'm not there when something bad happened to our siblings?" You mumbled walking towards him slamming your hands on his desk, "my reasoning is thinkable enough right? After all, I'm better handling violence with my own two hands, Norman"

"The radio is ringing," you noticed and removed yourself close to his table nodding saying you have to leave for precautions, you went outside and started to take a stroll for a while before answering the radio. "How's your day?" Your Captain asked making you feel something odd, "I found someone else's bag," you uttered hearing him let out a guffaw beforehand making a conversation with you,

"I wonder if you're doing well, (y/n)" he said making you widened your eyes in surprise, "what sir." You remarked glaring elsewhere trying to catch if there's someone who's tailing or watching you, "it's not playtime (y/n) to play pretend" he coldly uttered through the radio as its tone started to get shaky due to the signal.

"I'm surprised an old man like you could recognize it was me, I wonder did you ever miss this kid? It seems like you missed me cause you've been talking with me for a while," you stated still aware there's something into his mind why he's doing this.

"Let's not fool ourselves, looks like you have really fell into our trap" he muttered chuckling as you clicked your tongue in irritation, "do you think you could kill anyone that easily? A man with two comrades? One radio? (Y/n) looks like your brain had rotten" he teased while you chuckled instead to keep calm, "see you one day, either you'll be crying or you'll just watch a bloodshed" he remarked and ended the call.

That was the last call you had in the radio,

"Is this the game you're talking about then? It's a chase then."