07 : ESCAPE

BEST TO NEVER LET
down your guard.

The alarms started buzzing one by one as the door closes consequtively, "11546 has escaped! Locked the doors immediately and search for her!" The siren said as you ran through the woods.

Your legs weren't weak as before, they become stronger as you can run faster than before. You looked behind them whose chasing you and smirked, you climb up the trees and started running through the branches like a monkey.

You panted and reached for the nearest pathway where you felt like someone is coming, you checked it and went down the path and there, you saw your long time friend, Emma.

"Emma?!"

• ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

"Emma?!" You yelled with your sweaty face and panting voice. You clutched on your pillow and found our you're just dreaming as you fell asleep from reading about this "Lambda" thing.

You sighed and packed your things knowing you'll leave tonight, and it is the greatest night of your life. You brought a gun, and a pack of bullets, why one? Because you're planning to kill yourself on your way there.

Year 2046, You have spent your life here for year and a half. You've witnessed different killings that it became a routine for you, and tonight, Peter Ratri has assigned you your last exam.

You knew where you'll end up after finishing this exam of yours, it's either be eaten alive or be sent to an another farm where you'll be experimented as well.

You carried your bag and knocked through the door, you entered inside with your sneer and sat on the couch. "I'm still surprised after year and a half you're already taking the last test" Ratri said and chuckled.

"For your last task, You'll be sent somewhere and all you need to do is survive" Peter said and gave you a cup of wine, "Have a drink" He said with his calloused hands offering you a drink. "No thanks" You murmured and moved the wine glass away from you.

"You're no fun at all, And take care" He claimed and lets you leave his room within a minute. Beforehand, He moved to your figure and leaned until his lips were close enough to your ear, and there he whispered,

"I'll be watching you."

You bowed in respect and left his office starting to plan where you should go and what path you should take, you sighed and checked the map as you decided to take the dangerous one.

You walked with the guards for a while as they escorted you until the deepest parts of the forest. "This should be fine" You murmured as they nodded, "have fun to your last task" They claimed and returned to the base.

• ══

Owls flew as you made a loud crack stepping on the crunchy leaves. The bushes made a ruffling sound as the cold wind brushes on them as well as your hooded figure.

You walked in the middle of the night trying to get some Demon's attention towards you, yet no one approached you. Not even a young ones, It is unusual.

You pulled the gun trigger and sighed, "I already buried the bag underground, It should be safe" You remarked, before you could shoot you remembered what Peter told to you.

"I'll be watching you..."

You clicked your tongue and dropped the gun, "I should escape instead of killing myself" You mumbled and punched the nearest tree trunk.

"Impossible, I don't have anyone nor any pen" You mumbled and leaned on it as the tears rolled down to your cheeks. As your vision gotten blurry, you noticed someone approached your figure, You widened your eyes and held the gun immediately pointing at them.

"Who are you?" You asked still pointing the gun, you positioned yourself leaning on the tree as you took a gaze on the man holding a horse's lace, You pulled the trigger and glared on them as you figured out they are demons.

"Don't be scared, We don't eat humans" A girl said as she removed her hood,

"I am Mujika, That guy is Sonju"