08 : DEVIL

THIS RIDE CAN BE
enough to stop your heart.

"I'm Mujika, That guy is Sonju"

The girl said, before you could react any longer, you were hit at the back of your neck making you lose your conciousness. As you woke up, a warmth surrounded you as a scent of a soup travels down to your nose. "

You woke up and found your gun beside you, you walked silently with your finger slightly pulled the trigger. "Oh you're awake, let's eat" The girl said as she offered you a soup.

"What?" You asked her and sat with your suspicion. "Why weren't you eating humans?" You asked as you noticed them eating soup as well, "we don't need that" Mujika claimed and asked if you still want another serve.

"No thanks, I should get going" You muttered and stood up, "You're not going anywhere, especially when you're planning to kill yourself" Sonju said and tossed the picture he got inside your pockets.

"Are you going to let yourself found dead by your siblings?" He asked and chuckled, "You don't know anything about me, thank you for the hospitality" You said and stepped away.

"Then, where are you going? We have your map" Sonju said and pulled the map out of his pockets. "You're going to Goldy Pond?" He asked as you clicked your tongue.

"Give me that, you shouldn't be talking to me from the start or else you'll be in danger" You uttered and tried to get the map out of his hand. "Why?" Mujika asked as you struggled on getting the map back to you.

"Do you think a student like me doesn't have any tracker placed inside her body?" You asked and hit Sonju's legs making you received the map back to you. "We could remove it", Mujika claimed.

"Right into my heart? Could you do that?" You asked and laughed on their thoughts, "That's why I would never talk to Emma nor my siblings, so don't ever assume I'm going to find them" You claimed and stood up.

"Let us accompany you there, it will just take one day" Mujika offered as you stood firm. "Why?" You asked bringing yourself close to her as you brought your gun to your waist.

"Because Emma asked us that if we found you, we should help you" Mujika explained as you guffawed on their promise, "No need" You declined and started walking away from them. "Wanna sit on a horse?" Sonju asked as he pulled his horse closer to you.

There, you knew they will literally fulfill their promise to Emma. "Fine" You agreed and sat on the horse as Sonju and Mujika started walking with you.

In short, you and the two started traveling towards the Goldy Pond. You widened your eyes as you realized you were near your destination, "be quiet, Man-eaters usually came around here" Sonju warned as you went down the horse.

You have spent your night in the middle of the forest and hunted food with Sonju before continuing the ride, you were told of what you must and mustn't do. You showed your skills to them and started telling why you called yourself a student, you explained everything as well as how those tests works.

You pulled your gun and simply triggered it, you started walking along with Sonju and Mujika until, A loud growling noise came. You shook your head and shot its eyes right after.

It's been a while since you killed a demon in front of your eyes at the exact same spot, it feels nostalgic, yet in the eyes of someone like Emma they'll be terrified and some may think, How could you aim that good?

"You got a nice aim" Sonju claimed and started walking again.

Of course, I'm a student of that devil ─ you thought and followed them, from time to time, you kept shooting the demons especially Man-eaters and started walking away from its corpse like it's just nothing.

"Weren't you uncomfortable killing demons?" Mujika asked as you shook your head. "I have killed human, animals, and demons, do you think I will be scared of a Man-eaters?" You asked them as Mujika showed a worried face.

"We're here" Sonju said as he stopped his tracks, "something will pull the trigger after that you'll be inside the Goldy Pond" He informed you as you nodded. "Y/n?" Mujika asked as you hummed.

"Promise me you're going to protect Emma and your siblings in exchange" She claimed as you chuckled, "I'll let that happen once she accepted that I turned into a devil" You teased and bowed.

"Thank you for the ride."