23: CUVITADALA

You continued to watch the movements of your Captain using the radio you stole from one of your comrades earlier as you pursued to head to Cuvitadala where Emma and the others said they had engaged a communication with a certain God you've been talking lately who just disappeared all of a sudden.

"Do you have any clues where are those children?" Your Captain asked clueless as you just declined you haven't got any new information either. You smirked and rested for a while on a tree holding a gun you've been using for a while─ reloading it with new bullets. "How many months have passed by?" You asked yourself and counted using your fingers, you sighed and checked if you still have any bread left.

"I've been wandering around for three months then?" You answered and groaned as you rolled your eyes, you stood up dusting your coat deciding to start heading to your destination before the night comes when demons would be probably lurking. You held your backpack and your gun in front of you checking if someone or a demon is watching you, gladly there isn't.

"I should rush, I still have to find Barbara's base" you said and coughed up a blood wiping it with your arms aware that some demons can have a strong smell thanks to that shelter you've been in, you knew what type of demons you should be careful.

- - -

Taking another step towards a land full of sand and a four different structures built on each corners just like a square? You wandered around and checked if this is the place where Emma met that so-called God, you checked the sand slowly falling off your palms and glanced on each structures. "This is it," you smirked and laughed a little after all those 4 months of journey.

You wiped your sweat and smirked as you reached the place you've been searching for four months, Cuvitadala. And there, you walked around and blinked, it feels like your body suddenly floated and it feels light. Your mind was blank for a while whist the soothing feeling made you calm and collected.

"Hey (y/n), did you saw my lantern?" A young boy asked yet his figure was strange, his figure is covered with black making him anonymous, "idiot! You almost left your lantern back there! If I didn't checked our things, your lantern must be left from the dock!" A high pitched voice yelled as a lot of laughs lit up the place as well as the lantern started floating up high.

"Is this the Cuvitadala?" You asked as they glanced raising their brows, "what do you mean?" They asked as you started to get nervous knowing that you're cornered by these unknown people.

You blinked as you panted trying to catch your breath clutching your clothes with your clenching fists, "what was that?" You claimed and noticed that you're in front of that certain God you're searching.

"I've been waiting all this time," he said as you jolted in response, "then you're the God?" You asked as he nodded while you gazed on the creature he's sitting on. "What are the questions you're going to ask?" He asked while you just realized the radio you stole from the man three months ago, it wasn't there. "WHERE'S THE RADIO!" you exclaimed as he sighed snapping his fingers giving it to you,

"That's one, what are the other four?" He asked as you blinked realizing he's been playing with you all these time. "Is Anastasia Ratri my ancestor?" You asked directly not wasting any chance, "yes she is," he said as you we were left surprised deciding to think your next question responsibly. "Why did you stopped me from commiting suicide when I'm supposed to be forgotten anyways?" You asked and tried to check the radio you're holding.

"Because it's not your time yet," he answered as you fiercely glanced on his small figure intently staring; you sighed and held your chin with your thumb and index, "what does it mean? The one you told to Emma" you asked still searching for the most unanswered questions you have to ask before it's too late, "like what I said the girl lost the warmth of her family," he responded with an unclear message again. "Why did Anna have forgotten about something I just told recently?" You asked feeling the aura where he really wants to mess with you,

"Let's play a game (y/n)" he said while you were left with your eyes wide and as soon as you opened your eyes again, you're in the Cuvitadala all alone. After that four months you've been spending to search for this place and this God, this is all I get? Unclear answers that could possibly have different meanings?

You bursted out your anger on the sand and clicked your tongue swearing that if you have any chance to meet him again you'll be rational enough to not fall for his antics. "Game?" You asked yourself knowing that 'The one' must have left ang clues why did he called it a game, you checked your radio whom is unusually quiet and held your gun, you started to return to the woods heading to Barbara's boss.

"What could be that game?" You asked and killed the demon who was just about to chase you, "nevermind let's focus to Barbara's boss. " You said and checked the map that Barbara gave to you, who could be their boss...