16: GAME OVER

WASTING YOUR TIME
trying to get through

"Huh?"

You blinked and woke up from your hypothesis, as you watched Emma run away with Pepe clinging on her arms; you smirked and chuckled as you pulled the trigger of the gun slightly. You rolled from the ground and surprisingly, you predicted Lewis's movements.

He strike the nearest building on your body as you jumped immediately. As you started running away from him as well, you turned around one more time and eyed him like he is your prey. You shot it aiming for his eyes however he moved and the bullet went through his face instead on his eyes.

If I didn't predicted his movements, my body would have been crushed by now. You thought and sighed in relief though you remembered your back is still freshly injured as you panted trying to endure the pain. As Mister took a peek from the window, he saw all of your movements and it was utterly amazing for him. How your legs take a ran though it is silent and how you managed to get here without any problem.

And this made him suspicious about you, as you entered the building; you saw bleeding Pepe with your own two eyes. "The bleeding is stopped, let's leave him here" Ray claimed as they noticed you were there. "I see, the plan went smoothly though it only grazes him" you mentioned as you hissed in pain as your back stings.

"Escape. We can't beat him anymore, now that he's regained his senses. All we could do is escape!" The Mister excalimed as you sighed knowing Emma will oppose his decision, "no, if we run away we won't be able to save everybody!" Emma claimed as you nodded in response as if you could just oppose her.

"Everybody?" Mister asked as you crackle your knuckles, "there's a lot left, if we ran away with them there's a low percentage that everyone will escape alive" You mumbled and took a look outside the window where Lewis has been yelling all over. It's ringing to your ear, it is irritating. "I won't let anybody die, I need the power to protect this hunting ground" Emma assured as you remained silent while the Mister and Emma kept rambling about their decisions.

"Win! Win and we can leave this place together!" Emma exclaimed in the end while you sighed, "look Mr. Old grumpy man who saved my life earlier, if we run away we don't know the risks either. It's not like there's only one person fightning this maniac, if we run away we may sacrifice others and also what about the injured persons like Pepe? What are you going to do?" You asked as you convinced him, after all you wanted to check something.

"Idiots! Talking to me like a kid! You, and Emma, I'll listen to your plan" The Mister finally agreed as you whined in pain, "I'll knock your limbs later" You threatened as you groaned a little. "Mister? Your name?" Emma asked with her sparkling eyes as you widened your eyes. "Wait? You have a name? I decided to call you Mr. Grumpy old man" you teased as he responded with, "Damn Brats"

"If we're able to knock that guy down, I'll tell you my name when we get out of here" Mister muttered as you released a loud sigh, "not like I care" You mumbled and received another hit on your head. "So how are we going to kill him?" Nigel asked as you smirked while Emma started asking a question, "come to think of it, Nigel's shot penetrated his right arm. Is he storing it of his own will or..."

"There might be some flaws on his regeneration" Ray pointed out as you snapped your finger, "oh yeah, Let's just say he's a living thing meaning he's getting older too. Once a demon gets older its regenerative skills will get slower like us" You mentioned as Ray nodded as he compared humans regeneration to the demon.

"That means he's still hasn't regained his senses especially his vision" claimed Emma as you agreed, "probably yes, since nerves takes the longest to heal mostly after 3 to 4 months" you mumbled as Ray added his strategy. "Then, let's put pressure on him, injure Lewis as much as you can like y/n did earlier" Ray mentioned as you nodded ready to add another shot to Lewis.

And there, Lewis's monkey came right through the windows as it began screeching. "Run!" They claimed as you ran with them, you started gathering a lot of bullets inside your gun and aimed right to Lewis. They started firing their guns as you went to the opposite way, they chased him as he ran away from them trying to avoid the bullets.

He still can't catch bullets at this rate, you thought and smirked as he stepped right into where you positioned your gun. "Hey demon, I think you forgot this human who irritated you" you remarked and shoot everywhere though you tried to target his eyes. As you and three chased him outside, you clicked your tongue and left your eyes surprised when you saw a certain man threw a... house.

"Go Adam! Blow that monster away!" Someone yelled as Adam landed a punch on Lewis. Now that you've thought of it, Is he the guy inside that mirror? In Lambda? You thought as you were left dumbfounded. "Now this is a chance! Everybody! Take him" Mister yelled on top of his lungs as you fired all of your bullets to him as well as Emma and others.

As Violet came, Emma reported everything to her. And there, she ordered Adam to continue throwing while Lewis dodged the bullets which surprised you, you watched Lewis movements as he went right through Adam whom he threw on the wall, "Continue firing! This is our last chance!" Ray shouted as you widened your eyes.

"Emma dodge!" You exclaimed, however everything happened in a speed of light. Emma's chest was stabbed by his claws which angered you so much. Though, as they kept shooting; you slowly kneeled and held a different gun, at the exact same time Emma rose up getting all of their attention. "Keep shooting!" Ray yelled as you closed your left eye aiming right to a certain part, you stole one of the carbonated bullets and fired it up as Emma did the same.

"Huh? Emma?" You mumbled and smiled as you got relieved she's alive. You once looked up and smiled to the Mister who's affected by the sudden accident, his serious face overwhelmed him as he shot the eye of Lewis. 

As you looked around, the face of Adam who's familliar to you made a fist bump as you glanced on Emma who just collapsed. You smiled as your knees began to low and your breathing panted.

You reached for Lord Lewis's figure whom they assumed is dead, you leaned again and chuckled. "I gave you a chance to survive, you have an another core. Make sure that you'll make a good use of it. Is that clear?" You whispered and sighed,

"ah I'm tired" you muttered as Ray hugged Emma on his arms while you laid your on the ground and there you slowly closed your eyes wanting to fall asleep.

Once you fall asleep, you won't be able to wake up.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Thank you for the support you all gave for this book! And thank you for those persons who added this book to their reading list, I hope this chapter thrilled you. And fun fact, I'm a science brain ass and I did not proofread this chapter ;-; that's all bye!