14: THE HUNT

THEY TOSS YOU UP
smash you down with
smithereens

As you pulled the trigger bringing it to your head, you took a deep breath and sighed. Is this the right thing to do? What if some demons found my corpse and eat me? They'll get an advantage.

"Am I being selfish?" You asked yourself as a voice started speaking inside your head. This is new, this voice isn't your commander nor your superior; it was whole lot different level. It's voice spoke along with the irritating ringing sound inside your head that could make you insane once you brought your guard down.

Who are you?

Are you supposed to be here?

It kept ringing inside your head as you clicked your tongue. You had to scream. You have to scream in pain or you'll go nuts, as you screamed in pain; an explosion happened at the exact time on the western part of the woods. "No time to waste." You remarked and clicked your tongue as the voice or sound started disappering.

"Maybe it's because of the medicines I have to take back then" you murmured and started heading where Gillian and his friend targeted Lord Luce, as you walked; you reminisce how you proposed your plan since you don't want to be useless to your siblings anyways.

"Y/n, just stay with Lucas and the others. You're still heavily injured, your back may cause problems once you ran" Sonia mumbled as you gripped your gun, "Sonia, I don't want to be a sunfish" you mumbled and stood up with your reassuring smile.

"Just stay with them in the windmill, everything will be fine! We already decided which groups will be assigned on each demons" Emma claimed as you pretended to listen on their insisting.

"I'm fine okay? Don't look at me like some kind of kid" you muttered and sighed, "I can be the one checking if the demon is dead meat or not" You proposed as you stared on your gun blankly.

"What do you mean? You're going to check the corpses?" Emma asked with her curiosity as you just nodded, "something's bothering me and I am the only one who can answer that... For now" you remarked as they just nodded in agreement letting you be part of the plan as well.

"They didn't know anything about cores" You claimed and stood up on Lord Luce's injured figure, his smashed face as the bullet pierced right through his eye. It's a bullseye, you checked the other corpses as well and there; you smiled in assurance. "One core" you said and went to the next target, The demons: Nous and Nouma.

As you walked through the grounds where it is somehow stained by blood from the other dead victims, you observed the demon you assumed is Nous since he's shouting "Nouma" endlessly as he hugged her figure. Don't act like a human, it's disgusting.

You aimed the gun on it's eye as you tried to shoot it. It is not the special gun they're using, though it was wrong of them to underestimate someone like you who's from army trained by Ratri. You aimed the gun as you slightly pulled the trigger, there as you were about to shoot it; you witnessed how Nous ate its twin.

Terrifying isn't?

The voice asked once again as it started ringing to your head, your vision began to blurry as your chest tightens with the heat brewing inside. Your heart kept beating fast as you chased your breathing; your palpitating. You shook your head again as blood came dripping down to your chin. "Damn it" you remarked as the demon became aware of your presence.

You ran as fast as you can as the demon gave its attention to Violet and her accompany ran with their snipers along with Sonia and Sandy; you tried to catch up with them and there, you heard a loud whistle from Gillian and Nigel. Which one are you going to choose? The whistle or the scene in front of you?

You clicked your tongue and decided to follow Paula, Violet, Sonia and Sandy who's having a trouble to escape from Nous's vision. You slightly pulled the trigger and chased the demon as you tried to ignore the stinging pain from your back whom still not recovered from the previous injury.

And there, You started shooting bullets on the demon as you tried to gain It's attention to you with the bullets grazing Nous.

• ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

"Paula!" Violet exclaimed as the spear pierced right into the girl's chest. Sonia was beaten up, Paula was pierced in her chest, and Sandy was injured. Only you and Violet were left without any scar or graze on skin, as the demon laughed with it's statement talking to so-called Nouma.

"HAHAHA! NOUMA! Can you smell that precious Premium good!? You behind that tree who kept hitting us earlier! Come out!" Nous claimed as you flinched, at least Violet is still behind that bush being a scaredy-cat.

You teased and went out, you raised your hands up high as you hung your head low. "Took you a long time to figure out who's giving you pain" You remarked as you heard Nous growl in annoyance, as soon as you came out; it immediately caught your neck as it gripped it tightly causing the flow of your breathing tightens.

"Hey dumbass" you remarked with your sly smirk, "if I'm going to be killed, you're coming with me" You said as you showed the bomb inside your clothes that will explode once you pressed the trigger.