~43~

Maybe just maybe, Ink could make it out of this lie without Dream finding out. If Dream hasn't yet taken notice of Ink's...new... outfit, then maybe Dream wouldn't notice if Ink just up and went and lived under a new identity from now on. Sure, he knew Dream would miss him, but would saving his own ass from consequences be more worth it in the long run? He didn't even realize he had begun to daze out as thoughts began to fill his mind. 'No turning back now...' Ink quietly shook his head, which confused Dream. "You ok, Ink?" he tilted his head a bit, seeming noticeably worried for his friend. Yet, Dream only grew more worried when he got no response from Ink. 'Such a liar, must be proud of yourself, huh?' Ink shook his head again silently. It was only when Dream lightly tapped Ink on the shoulder which almost made Ink shriek, that Ink seemed to snap out of it. "Are you ok, Ink??" A look of worry could be seen within his eye sockets. "You dazed out there and weren't responding..." Ink looked at Dream's face. "Y-Yeah, just dazed out... I'm pretty tired, y'know?... Had a long...day..." he then glanced to the side a bit.

Dream just nodded a bit, completely understanding. "If you'd much rather prefer, you could go get some rest for now and we can continue this investigation afterwards, alright?" Ink nodded a bit as he got up and quietly walked to the room he had been previously given permission to stay in. He silently locked the door behind himself, proceeding to then go lay down on the bed and get lost in thought once more. 'Have you no guilt? No shame? He'll catch on to your lies...' Ink flinched a bit at that. "Stop it..." he grumbled a little under his breath. Unfortunately for Ink, he saw no end in sight to the voices leaving him alone, even if it be for a temporary amount of time. No end at all. 'What will you do when you have no one to pin the blame of the crime on? If you have no one to pin it on, it'll all come crumbling down and Error would never love you if that happens. You'll get stuck as being miserably married to Nightmare.' Ink's eye sockets went blank for a moment at that thought. He didn't want to be stuck marrying Nightmare. He'd rather burn in hell than marry that damn monster.

"...I'll find someone to pin the blame on and I'll make it believable then..." Was Ink going to end up regretting these choices? He didn't know. He had dug himself a deep enough grave as it was, but could it physically get any deeper? Knowing his luck, it probably could and would. 'They won't keep falling for your lies forever, Ink. And when they do find out, it'll be the most regret you'll have ever felt before. Watch your words carefully.'