Chapter 53: Lingbo Plank Road

Start from the beginning

"Sure enough, no matter how charismatic a senior brother is, he can't compare to a senior sister," Qin Yan sighed as he sat down. He couldn't hold back his laughter once he saw Yue Zhishi. "Le Le, you're so energetic now that you're over here. I looked at you a few times when you were sitting on the other table, and you looked like you were cramping."

"I want to sit with you guys." Yue Zhishi was being slightly, a tiny bit dishonest. He actually only wanted to sit with Song Yu, so he very quickly changed the conversation, trying to lighten the guilt he felt at lying. "Senior Qin Yan, what did you guys order? I want roasted green pepper."

"We've ordered that already. We've ordered everything you like eating." Qin Yan peeked at the silent Song Yu and leaned onto the table to say to Yue Zhishi, "Look at how important you are. Your brother's been with the basketball team for so long, and yet he's never joined us for dinner. He must've come only for you. This is also his first time ordering stuff, he usually doesn't care and eats whatever."

He then looked at Song Yu again. "Look, don't be mad at Wang Zhi. That guy's not afraid of anything, and he'll get into trouble sooner or later once he graduates. No need to fight with him — it won't be nice if rumours get out." He once again lightly bumped his shoulder against Song Yu and said, grinning, "If someone's angry, I'm not angry; if you wreck your body from anger, no one can replace you."

Qin Yan had thought Song Yu wouldn't reply to him, but Song Yu unexpectedly said, "Really? Then who immediately went to find my replacement after I'd only lifted one foot to leave?"

"Hey, don't be so petty." Qin Yan cracked up. "Le Le, look at your brother! Help return some justice to me!"

Yue Zhishi was originally biting on his chopsticks, and he started to laugh along after he heard this exchange. He gazed at the side of Song Yu's face. "Who told you to leave."

Song Yu turned his head over, giving Yue Zhishi a not very happy look. Yue Zhishi immediately lifted a hand to touch his arm, whispering I was wrong, I was wrong as a pleading look filled his face. Song Yu only turned his head back after being coaxed a few times and silently drank some boiled water.

The barbecue skewers came one after another, the spicy cumin fragrance highly tantalising to the appetite. Yue Zhishi picked up the skewers and used his chopsticks to pull the roasted food off the iron sticks, eating slowly after he placed the now empty skewers to the side.

"How was your fieldwork this time?" Qin Yan chatted as he ate. "Were you guys really sleeping in tents?"

"Mn." Song Yu said the terrain of the mountains they'd gone to was unusual; the villages were all at the foot of the mountains, and there were very few people living in that area.

"You should go learn some rock climbing or some wilderness survival stuff, just in case something bad..." Before Qin Yan could finish his joke, Song Yu had already elbowed him — the second half of his words were all pushed back into his stomach. Qin Yan initially thought Song Yu couldn't handle the teasing, but he very quickly realised, glancing at Yue Zhishi who was sitting next to Song Yu.

Song Yu also looked over. Fortunately, Yue Zhishi was always very focused on his food whenever he ate, and he looked like he was brawling with a barbecued chicken foot and didn't hear what Qin Yan had said.

Qin Yan changed the subject, his voice slightly louder. "S.Yu, you don't treat me like a brother at all. Going out for studies can also be considered as going on a trip, and yet you didn't even bring me back a local gift."

Having finished his chicken foot, Yue Zhishi coincidentally heard Qin Yan. "He didn't bring a gift back for you?"

Song Yu twisted around to give Yue Zhishi a look, as if warning him not to say anything, but Yue Zhishi completely didn't take notice at all — he cared only about showing off to Qin Yan. "Gege brought me something."