Chapter 7: Juice Dye

Song Yu briefly recounted his memories of Yue Zhishi's first allergic reaction, skipping over his feelings and mental processes at that time.

After listening, Yue Zhishi only had one thought — even now, Song Yu still wouldn't give him anything nice to eat.

He was a little depressed thinking about it. But he didn't say anything, thinking that he would seem a bit childish if he brought it up. Song Yu saw his dejection and thought it meant something else, like being unable to accept Song Yu's accidentally harming him.

So the two of them didn't keep talking.

Curious girls in his class surrounded him once he returned to school in the afternoon. Yue Zhishi's head ached, so he spoke around the topic and didn't directly tell them of his parents' joint death. He only said the relationship between his and Song Yu's father has been very good, the two families were very close and that was why he was temporarily living with Song Yu. It wasn't really a lie.

He didn't actually think it was shameful to not have parents. It was just that if he told the truth, everyone would definitely look at him with faces full of sympathy. Yue Zhishi still couldn't take that sort of situation.

He considered himself to be very happy and didn't want to turn into a pitiful child in other people's eyes.

Other than the curiosity towards his family background, Yue Zhishi didn't expect something more troublesome to happen — Song Yu's pursuers.

Peiya's high school and junior high school departments were each split into two buildings. Two of the buildings had one open corridor connecting them on the third floor. Song Yu and Yue Zhishi's classes were coincidentally both in these two connected buildings, so it became very easy to cross school departments to look for someone.

Many of Song Yu's pursuers weren't able to get a response from him, so they decided to take a more devious path — they added Yue Zhi's QQ and grabbed information that way. It could be seen as simply asking for help, but more than half of the people who ran straight to Yue Zhishi's class were his seniors. Yue Zhishi didn't know how to handle them at all.

The night self-study session ended at 9:30pm. Everyone counted down the seconds until the bell rang and streamed out the door once the time came. Yue Zhishi didn't follow them. High school's self-study didn't end until 9:50pm, so he slowly finished the question he was working on, slowly packed up and dawdled until he was the last person to leave.

He pretty much did this every day.

Yue Zhishi paused once he reached the corridor. He tilted his head and looked across to the fifth floor's high school class 3-5's room. Time slowly passed, and Yue Zhishi simply sat in the corridor and read some manga. The bell rang at 9:50, but the door for class 3-5 remained quiet.

The advanced classes in high school were clearly very hard.

Yue Zhishi ended up biking home by himself. Lin Rong was simmering some Chinese herbal pigeon soup, filling the entire house with fragrance. The little Pomeranian ran straight to Yue Zhishi as soon as he opened the door. He lifted the dog into his arms and said, "Cotton Candy, have you gained weight again? You're so heavy."

"Is it you, Le Le? You must be tired." Lin Rong dropped some rice cakes into the pot and scooped them into a bowl with the soup as soon they softened. She then placed some red centred dragon fruit slices into another bowl.

Yue Zhishi sat on the carpet and raised his head to take the bowl of soup. "Where's Uncle?"

"He's out of the country for some business. I don't think he'll be back until next week." Lin Rong caressed his head. "He said he'll bring home some presents for you."