He was already in what looked like pyjamas, a pair of loosely fitted track pants and a baggy T hung off him. He plopped down on the couch beside me.

"I.. sorta wanted to get away from the dorms for a night.. I live with six other guys and sometimes it gets stuffy. I wanted to see you too of course" he began to explain.

"Oh.." I bit my lip at the thought of it. "That's a lot of people. So you share a room with someone?" I asked. Tae pouted shaking his head. "We.. All sleep in one room." Wait what?

"Huh?! One?! No... really??" I was shocked. Like? How did they ever have any privacy?!

"Yeah. I'm closest with Jiminie but lately he's been practising a lot and he's hardly home. Tae ruffled the front of his curly brown hair before sighing and leaning into the back of the couch lazily. I pulled my knees up and hugged them closely to my chest then turned to fully face him on the couch.

"I get why you wanted to come here for a night then."

Tae lulled his head to the side and looked at me. His expression was sullen and it was making me sad.

"Tae.." I called his name softly. I wanted to cheer him up but.. what could I say? His dark brown eyes lingered on me but his lips pressed together, he didn't say a thing. I slowly crawled up onto his lap and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. I pressed up against him, holding him in a hug. Would he feel my sincerity? Feel the warmth I wanted to give him.. Perhaps he'd be able to. Words don't always need to be used. After a moment I felt his arms encase me.

"I'm sure things will work out eventually.. Just try to hang in there.. And if you need somewhere quiet where you can clear your head you can always come to my place.. We're best friends, you know".

I spoke softly in to his ear seeing as it was right where my face was nestled. I felt a small warmth from his breath and movement from a nod against the skin of my neck. It tickled when he buried his face a little more into me.

I could make out a muffled 'Thanks' from Tae. He rubbed my back gently, comfortingly. The way we were entangled together right now made me feel close to him. We stayed like that for a little while. After realising how late it was getting we decided we should probably get ready for bed.

"I have a spare toothbrush in the draw under the sink" I called out to Tae from the bathroom. He lazily walked in after me.

"Just for me?" He smirked, rubbing at the back of his head before bending down to pull open the draw and grab the packet.

"Maybe" I teased before shoving my own brush into my mouth. Tae glanced over, almost examining me periodically as he opened the packet and ran some water over the thistles.

"Wait, you brush too quickly. You gotta do it slower" he raised a brow, then lowered his brush and came a little closer.

"Weally?" I mumbled, mouth full of peppermint foam.

"Yeah, here let me do it," I hesitated for a moment, but the overwhelmingly cute look in his eyes as he waited, hand out stretched made me give in so I handed him my toothbrush. He grinned instantly.

"Say Ahh" I felt kinda like a baby as I opened up. He seemed to be really enjoying taking his time as he brushed my teeth one by one. But, the look on his face and just the ridiculousness of this situation, now that I think about it, gave me the sudden urge to laugh.

"Mgmggm!" I pushed his hand away and quickly spit into the sink. I tried my hardest to hold in giggles but just couldn't.

"Hey! What's so funny! I wasn't finished! Cavities are no joke?!" Tae proclaimed, waving my toothbrush around in the air comically as he did.

"Okay okay" I did my best to keep my composure as we carried on, him grinning the entire time did nothing to help. On top of that, he'd hit me on the head every time I was on the verge of laughing. This only made it harder to not laugh or wanna protest just for the fun of it.

Eventually, our little saga had ended and I got changed into some shorts and a singlet to sleep in. I turned on the dim lamp on my side table. It emitted the just-right amount of light to fall asleep peacefully in. Having Tae with me was pure comfort.

We both crawled into bed together and Tae pulled up the blanket over the two of us so we were cozy and snug. He rolled over to face me then pulled me in closer to him by the waist so that we were now spooning. His body pressed against mine radiated a warmth that gathered in my chest as I relaxed.

"You sleepy?" His sultry voice resonated in my ear. It was tingle inducing, so soothing.

"A little bit, I dono if I can sleep yet.." I whispered back. This closeness felt different to the last time we were huddled together. Was it because it was only Tae and I?

I was pulled from my thoughts as a smooth tone filled my senses. Tae sang softly, gently. I completely lost myself in it. If there was a heaven, this is what I'd imagine it to be.

The tune he hummed wasn't something that I recognised but it was so beautiful. I was encased under his leg as it rested on my hip. It was his body and melody that overtook me, safely tucked away. I tried to stay awake, I tried to fight my tired eyelids that were closing so that I could keep listing. Keep indulging in him, but it was no use. I had already passed the point of no return.