Watching you and his daughter get ready, he could see himself doing so for a very long time. But in order for this to last for a very long time, Hisoka had to keep the two of you safe.

Sebastian was right. It was time he put what he wanted first. He wanted you. His now family. And in order to do that, he had to face the music. He couldn't keep you and Maleeka hidden forever. Or worse, send the two of you off to another country far away from him to never see again.
Live and die alone with his wealth.

No more of that bullshit. Back then he wasn't as capable of his power and lethality. But now was different. He was king of kings. He had grown more.  And he was damn proud to have you at his side. You weren't some frail woman to be ashamed about. You were powerful and just as insane in the eyes of everyone in the underworld because of what you did.

It takes a hardcore person to bring down a gang single handedly, and write the word 'haha' in the blood of the victim, and on the victims face.

It was how you killed Aizen and destroyed his empire that shook the underworld's core. Especially being a female, no one expected that.

What a perfect person to label the Joker's girl.

"All ready." Your voice mused him out of his nostalgic thoughts.

Standing up, Hisoka opened the door for you and Maleeka to leave.

As you were analysing yourself in the elevator mirror to make sure all bruises were covered perfectly with make up, you noticed Hisoka staring at your reflection.

"What's wrong?" You asked, looking back at him.

Pulling a short chain out of his pocket, Hisoka stood behind you and draped it over your neck. Not yet tying it.

"You used to wear this 24/7. It was your 18th birthday gift I gave you at prom. Will you wear it again?" Hisoka smoothly asked. It was the same necklace you always wore throughout the years. Hisoka merely just took it off when he was giving you CPR just in case the necklace obscured any air pathways.

Studying it through the mirror closely, you noticed it was a Joker card overlapping the queen of hearts card. Although you didn't know the significance of it, because it was beautiful and Hisoka politely asked. You nodded your head in agreement.

Warding off the goosebumps the tips of Hisoka's fingertips evoked down your spine. You cleared your throat a bit and stepped a bit back after he was done. In your mind, you were afraid of Maleeka sensing that something was going on between you and her father.

"Do you think you can manage carrying Maleeka just until we in the car?" Hisoka somewhat seriously asked.

Frowning a bit with confusion, you nodded. "Y-yeah sure I can. Why though?" You decided go ask since there was still several of floors that needed to be passed till the lobby.

"I don't want her to be out of one of our grasps." Hisoka answered, causing your stomach to drop a bit.

"Why would that be a concern? Is something bad going to happen?" You asked with a worried undertone as you picked up Maleeka and comfortably rested her bottom on your forearm.

Smiling weakly at you, Hisoka closed his eyes and turned back straight to face the elevator door. "Nothing bad is going to happen. I'm just overprotective over her. Besides. Maleeka is lazy. She loves to be carried." He teased to lighten the atmosphere. And it worked because you couldn't help but smile at Maleeka that was nodding her head with poise and sass in agreement. "Absolutely hate it." She beamed.