twenty one

The whole week Riku's mindset was confused and changing without even realizing. Her body was getting healed but her legs were numb. She couldn't feel them anymore. Although, the girl could walk with someone's assistance. Jungwon helped Riku to the kitchen as they were about to have some light snacks. Just then Mr Choi came up to them.

"Hai Riku ! How are you ?

The limping girl gulped and looked down to the ground. She couldn't face Mr Choi after that incident. The feeling of guilt was still stuck in her chest.

"Y-yes, i'm fine."

Riku bowed slightly to show some respect. They walked past him and Jungwon knew something was up.

"You've never been this shaky before. Did he do something ? I swear people keep-"

Riku shook her head fast.

"No !! He obviously did not..."

"Then what's wrong ?"

"I... I just feel a little bit anxious and guilty everytime I see him. But it's fine really !"

The tone she used did convince Jungwon. The leader took a deep breath and stopped their tracks for a while. He gave the girl a quick hug.

"You're a good person, Riku."

Riku was on the verge of tears as the leader kept complimenting her. It was definitely a feeling she wanted all this time. Jungwon pulled away from the hug and giggled at Riku's cuteness as she cried.

"Sheeshh so emotional !! Now, don't cry ! I'm gonna cry too~"

Jungwon said smiling while wiping his own tears. The two continued their walk and joked around. Things were really looking good for all of them. Everyone had been there for Riku, making her the once broken girl feel special and loved. Just like that, a whole year had passed on.

Riku was so used to being around others and people doing things for her that she could not bear to be left alone anymore. Admitting her defeat of giving in was hard, but it turned out to be a good thing after all. The girl never thought of doing this ever, but she decided to become somewhat useful to them.

To express her gratitude to everyone in the company, she became Enhypen's new manager. It was tough having to sort out their schedules, blocking out scandals and other things but it was a nice experience. Stress did get to her many times as she held a very big responsibility over her shoulder.

The boys were grateful to have her really. She moved into a small apartment which was near the company. Today, she's 23, walking down the street of cherry blossoms. It was almost winter now and the boys were on break. They went for a vacation but Riku decided to stay in Korea for the time being. Even she needed a break from work. A fellow staff member offered to take over for her for the time being.

Riku wrapped the scarf tighter around her neck as she arrived at one familiar spot.

"Hi, mother. It's been a while."

The girl placed her bag down and kneeled in front of her mother's grave. She knew it wasn't her mother's fault of doing bad to her all this time. Even if she held in her grudge towards her birth giver, what would she get from it either way ? Riku smiled as she looked at her mother's picture. Never had once she seen her mother look this happy.

Looks like she's going to finish this on her own from now on.

i know it's not an ending you expected ^^;

you have reached the end of let me in !! <3
thank you everyone for staying till the end.
hope you look forward for more stories !!
i have a new book, please go check it out at my profile.

until then, see you next time readers !
chen <3