Chapter 21: END GAME

Audio titled: GOOD TOGETHER

Chapter
021

End Game
(Who Ordered Small-size Victory?)

***

Jong Woo had shot at his shield for testing, but he had never actually been in the shield when it was hit

The bullet produced a loud, ringing sound as if Jong Woo sat directly under a huge bell.

Worse, the sound didn't stop once the bullet deflected but continued with the same deafening intensity.

Automatically, Jong Woo covered his ears and pressed his eyes close, causing him to stumble and fall to the ground.

Since he wasn't moving anymore, he made an easy target and more things hit him, each time producing the same ear-splitting sound.

Jong Woo numbly forced himself to stand up again, when he saw a few men come towards him.

Apparently they started to realise that missiles wouldn't do the trick and planned on fighting Jong Woo in closer combat.

A man armed with a sword caught up to Jong Woo and stabbed him directly in the back.

Of course, the shield deflected that attack too, causing the surprised men to fall on his face from the momentum of his own attack.

Another man tried to behead Jong Woo with a giant axe but he had to duck when his own weapon flew back at him instead.

Confused yells could be heard now, and then more and more painful cries.

Jong Woo's attackers stopped baffled and Jong Woo managed to get away from them. He whirled around and saw the formerly organised crowd breaking formation.

Some were still aiming at Jong Woo, not realising what happened among them, while others seemed to notice but didn't understand what was going on and just stood there stupidly.

More and more men fell, arms, legs or heads separated from their bodies.

A few began to panic now, dropping their weapons and ran towards the city.

They were shot down from someone within the crowd. Others aimlessly flailed their swords in front of them.

Jong Woo had to give them credit, they apparently had the right idea about the attacks, although they were still clueless.

The few men that had caught up to Jong Woo looked at him uncertainly. Gone was the taunting and jeering. Desperation and fear took their place.

Jong Woo had made Moon Jo promise that he would avoid unnecessary deaths.

While Jong Woo didn't feel much pity for his opponents, he wanted to prevent a senseless massacre.

"Drop your weapons and get on the ground," he told his pursuers.