Chapter 8: GRIM REAPER

Audio titled: BEAUTIFUL HEARTBEAT

Chapter
007

Grim Reaper
(Joseung Saja... Mystical, right)

***

"I told you I don't wish to join you! Hell, I don't even know your name yet!"

The leader paused and looked at Jong Woo with an uncertainty in his eyes that Jong Woo wouldn't have thought possible. As if he was arguing with himself over something.

"It's Moon Jo. Seo Moon Jo" he finally said.

"Seo," Jong Woo said testing, slightly taken aback by the civil answer.

"Do not call me that, ever," Moon Jo hissed.

"Huh? You call me darling!" he protested.

"I can call you whatever pleases me."

"Wha—"

"Just... Don't call me that." The genuine tone in his voice was all it took for Jong Woo's anger to evaporate. The mood swings of the man really confused Jong Woo.

"Fine, err, Moon Jo?" he tried.

When he got no reaction he thought that was about as good as it could get. Moon Jo it was; fitting too, for the man.

Jong Woo wondered if it was his real name—official documents had lost all their value after the collapse and you could name yourself whatever you wanted. Some people held on to their birth names in order to not lose themselves completely, others invented a new name along with their personalities; after the chaos no one was quite the same as before.

Jong Woo wished briefly he had done the same and not used the name on his birth certificate; after all he seemed to be in this mess because of it.

"Try checking your mailbox next time, darling. Oh and please wash yourself before you come here again, I want to see what's under all that grease."

Jong Woo wanted to retort that honest work was dirty, unlike ordering people around as a leader, but he found himself staring at a closed door. That bastard just shut the freaking door in his face! He really needed a new word for him; bastard just was not strong enough.

Grumpily he began to walk back downstairs. He really needed to sleep, all that anger and confusion he felt while being with Moon Jo was exhausting.

"I told you Deuk So, he wanted the kid alive to kill him himself!"

"Fine, okay, you're right. Just stop nagging me."

Jong Woo looked down and saw the familiar faces of his kidnappers, as well as Deuk Jong—he did not even noticed that one of his kidnapper looks like Deuk Jong. And they are huddled together and whispering agitated to each other. At least Jong Woo thought they were trying to whisper—they were obviously slightly drunk and what seemed to them like a low whisper was in fact them talking normally.

"But he usually lets us watch! I so wanted to see it!" whined Deuk Jong, "you think he lets me have the body afterwards?"

"No idea. You know our leader was a bit—"

"Sorry Deuk Jong, no body for you," Jong Woo interrupted crossly, feeling more than a bit sick after hearing his words.

The reactions of the startled group cheered him up a bit though.

"You're still alive," Deuk Jong stated disappointed. His eyes moved down to Jong Woo's neck, where Jong Woo knew the marks of Moon Jo's hands were beginning to form.

"For now," Deuk So grinned wickedly.

"Or so I heard," huffed Jong Woo. Then out of a whim he asked, "What's his name anyway?"

Deuk Jong gaped at him. "You...! How did you address his lordship up there?!" he screeched. "It's Joseung Saja, mystical isn't it?" he added dreamily.

"Joseung Saja?" Jong Woo asked baffled. Since a lot of people from different region ended up in Soul over the years he picked up some words... Grim Reaper? For real now, Seo Moon Jo?

"No, I meant his real name."

Deuk Jong threw him a withering look. "It's Joseung Saja for you, and no one knows his real name. And don't you dare ask him! The last one who was stupid enough to do that didn't turn up again, didn't he Deuk So?"

The one called Deuk So nodded his head while trying to drink, and ended up spilling the liquor everywhere on himself... well, karma's a bitch.

Jong Woo pondered about the fact why Moon Jo apparently introduced himself with a name that none of his followers knew. He decided to think about it next morning after having a nice long rest. And about his past, or that Lee Kwang Jea wanted to kill him, or that Jung Hwa and Hyun Ho just might have to fight against him, or the fact that following Moon Jo seemed less appealing than any other leader he met. Which was probably the most disturbing thought out of the lot.

Without a second glance at Deuk Jong and Deuk So, Jong Woo left the inn. He heard Deuk Jong calling after him but he did not think he could bear anymore for tonight and closed the front door firmly behind him.

It was late, or early in the morning more precisely. The air was chilly and it looked as if it would rain soon.

He hurried home and only after he closed his own door behind him, did he feel some of the tension leave him. Tired he moved through his workshop, only thinking about his nice warm bed, when something on the floor made him stop dead in his tracks.

He had forgotten all about the man who was slowly bleeding to death in his shop. It seemed he had wanted to crawl out of the building but he did not get far. His leg lay not far from him, and a big pool of blood covered a good bit of Jong Woo's floor.

Just freaking great.

Moon Jo would hear of this; and he would pay for it, Jong Woo swore to himself.

***
To be continued...