Chapter 7: JOIN ME

Audio titled: SUNSET LOVER

Chapter
007

Join Me
(Not Agree to Join!)

***

The leader raised his eyebrows

The leader raised his eyebrows. "Whatever do you mean?" he asked in mock ignorance.

"It's Lee Kwang Jea isn't it?" Jong Woo took the silence as a yes. "Shit I'm so dead," he groaned. Lee Kwang Jea controlled the freaking city. There was literally no place for Jong Woo to run. Two strong leaders wanted him dead, and he wasn't even in a group.

"But wait, we lived in the same city for years how come I'm not already dead? I mean, he isn't the type to get his hands dirty, but he has many men under his control who would happily do the job for him. So why did he wait for you?"

"Another piece that does not fit in the puzzle. I'm beginning to think his manipulations reach much farther back than I originally thought. I don't like it at all, and you", he leaned forward and invaded Jong Woo's personal space once again, "you are going to help me understand it."

Jong Woo leaned back and tried to get some space between them but the armchair trapped him.

"I don't even have a clue what happened in the past, how am I supposed to know what even you don't understand?"

"Because what you said earlier is true. If you are planning to kill someone for years, you make sure he understands the reason."

Jong Woo gaped at him "Wait a sec, that's your plan to find out? But wouldn't that mean..."

"That Lee Kwang Jea must believe he has no other choice but to kill you himself. And right before that, he will tell you what he purposely didn't tell me 23 years ago."

He smirked at Jong Woo, obviously enjoying his reaction.

"Yeah great plan, except, oh I don't know, I will be dead before you will find out?"

"Please, what kind of leader would I be if I can't even protect one member?"

"Wait I-...I did not agree to join you damn it!" He pushed the leader out of his way and stood up to get some much-needed space between them.

With his hands folded behind his back the leader followed him slowly while Jong Woo backed away more and more.

"Alone you won't stand a chance against Lee Kwang Jae. In fact you don't stand a chance against anyone. I'm truly surprised how all these groups just let you be."