𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐕

"Dad why was Nat on a mission?" I barge into his lab then he looks at me with a confused look.

"I didn't give her any missions" he said looking at the screen.

"Then why is she shot three times?" I asked him again then he widened his eyes.

"W-where is she?" He asks walking near me.

"Medbay" I replied plainly then he bolts out of the room, I was about to follow him but I couldn't, it will only get it worse.

So, I made my way to the firing range just inside the compound. I started to shoot at the platform in front of me, the bullets all hit on the center, my anger started to rush through my veins, heart rate picking up as I tightly hold my gun.

"I wasn't informed that you could do that" A man's voice appeared making me stop from what I was doing. I look up to see who it was, and it was Fury

"Director Fury" I address him and he smiled, I walk near him still holding my gun. "What are you doing here?" I asks him

"Well one of my agents got shot from a mission that I may have give" he informs me as we both walk out of the room

"Why'd you give her a mission?" I asks him

"Why the sudden interest?" He asks making me scoff. "She begged me for it although I knew she wasn't in her best shape when she came, but what else I could do? Unless you want me to suffer her widow bites" he said sarcastically, I shot him a look with my brows furrowed.

"It doesn't matter, you still sent her" I shrugged before going onto another room.

"You don't want to see her then!!?" He shouts back making me stop from walking.

"No if she's dead" I replied back

"You can't kill a fox that swift" he replied, I run back from where he's standing and hand him my gun.

"Hold that for me will ya" I winked at him and sprinted down the hallway straight to the medbay.

I took in a deep breath grabbing to door knob, I made myself in and I saw her sitting all alone, and because of my excitement I went in for a very tight hug, she tensed up the moment I hugged her, assuming she isn't hugged that much so I quickly pull away, I look down.

"I'm sorry" I said quietly. "I'm so sorry for everything that I said, I-I didn't mean those words" her gaze met mine and I could see that she's in pain, damn.

"Then why'd you say it?" She asks, her eyes were now forming tears.

" 'Cause I was afraid" I replied

"Afraid of what?" She asks

"Of people caring then when time comes they just stop and leave... And I hate that... I hate when people come and go" I replied looking down.

"Did you thought I was going to leave you?" She asks then I nodded. "I wouldn't" she shakes her head making me smile a bit.

"Why?" I asks her

"I wouldn't leave someone who's amazing as you" she replied back making me blush.

"Good to know then" I give her a grin and she blushed. "Now why did you go on a mission?" I asks her seriously.

"I needed distraction" she replied plainly.

I didn't know what to say, I got lost, speechless, I couldn't form any words 'cause it was all my fault why she needed a distraction. It was me who put her in this place.

"I'm sorry" that's what all I could say, I stood up turning my back on her and walking away.

"Where are you going?" She asks, scrunching her eye brows.