𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈𝐕

You woke up to the sound of someone banging on your door like it was about to be broken down. You roll on your bed, eyes still shut. Theres a pounding in your head like someone is smashing it....

"I know you're awake, now c'mon, open the door"

"No, Dad, go away, I'm still sleeping" I replied back with a groan, after a few seconds he came in then he sighs looking at me

"You look like shit" he points it out

"Yeah I know" I replied, my voice still thick.

"You have to get out of your bed, this isn't healthy" he pulls the duvet away from me, making me crumple like a ball.

"Noooo" I whined.

"No no no no no and no, you get up right now or I'll pull you myself" he said.

"It's too early" I complained

"It's three in the afternoon!" He shouts making me look at him, eyes half-open

"Still early"

He didn't reply back and started pulling me by my leg.

"Okay, wait, stop dad!!! I'll do it, I'm up" I stand up fast as I can making me dizzy, "why is the room spinning?" I asks him then he sighs again.

"That's because it's spinning" he replied back.

"Hahaha, funny" I walked past him making my way to the kitchen.

"I think I'm gonna throw up" I said to no one since theres no one in sight.

"Oh no you don't" my dad walks past me with a smile on his face.

"Where are the others?" I asks him, grabbing myself a glass of water.

"Your mom and sister are out shopping, Vision and Wanda is on a mission in Boston, Thor is in Asgard... Cap, I don't know. Bruce in the lab with Rhodes. The rest I don't know" he placed a food in front of me making me raise my eyebrows.

"Mmm, looks good" I give him a look, "can I?" I point at the food, then he bows.

"By all means"

I grab a fork, taking a bite from his infamous omelet, I looked at him while chewing the food, he looks nervous or is he?.... I keep on looking at him then I smiled.

"You did a great job, genius, billionare, playboy, philanthropist" I wiggled my eyebrow looking at him then he smiled proudly, "mom needs to try this, since the first one you cooked on your way back from Italy, was totally a mess" I replied then he takes a bite.

"FRIDAY thought me how to do that" he says honestly making me scoff. "Uh, wait how did you know about the Italy stuff?" He added shortly after the first one.

"Oh, that one mom told me that one" I grab a freezer pop (ice pop) from the fridge and walked over the couch where he was now sitting.

...

"How are you?" He asks

"Honestly? I don't know" I shrugged taking a seat beside him, "wait why didn't you-"

He cuts me off saying. "She's been in her room the whole time"

How did he know that I was talking about her.

"I'm not blind kid, I know how the way you look at her" he takes my ice pop taking a bite and giving it back to me.

"What are you talking about?" I asks him

"Oh, please stop the act - let me asks you this... Do you still love your ex-fiance?" He asks me, It took me about two minutes to answer him.

"A part of me yes and a part of me is no" I said then he looks at me and smirked.

"See the other one is falling for someone else and the other half isn't sure" he explained.

"I- I don't see the point" I replied confusedly.

"If you're inlove you wouldn't be able to fall for someone else... Think about it" he pats my shoulders as he stood up, "and eat that ice pop before it melts" he winked at me and walked away, "and kid piece of advice" I look at him then he smiles. "Make sure to treasure her every moment that you can before it's too late" he comes back again taking my ice pop.

"I-"

"No, I'm not done yet.... Fix the mess you did, I know her, and she cares about you a lot, she's different when she's with you and so you are... I'm not telling you to go be her 'girlfriend', but I'm telling you to go there to be her 'friend'... Trust me you won't regret it" he finally exits the room with my ice pop.

I laid my head back on the couch thinking about what my father told me.

He's good at giving advices where did he learn that..... Maybe Steve taught him?

I really don't know what to do for the first time in my life, this has been the hardest decision and I'm so confused. I mean I just got out from a toxic relationship yet here I am thinking about her, but my dad has a point though I might lose her.

"Seems serious" A voice appeared pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Hey, Clint" I said then he smiled. "How's Nat?" I asks him and he scoffs

"Funny she asks how you were too" he replied making me smile.

"Oh" I replied plainly.

"She's not okay" he said honestly.

Few moments later

Should I knock or not?

You were debating wether to go talk to her or not, still confused though.

C'mon y/n, you can do this

You pep talk yourself, until someone interrupts

"Uhm, what are you doing here?"

You thought it was her for a second but it wasn't, it was Steve, you cleared your throat.

"I wanted to talk to her" you replied quietly

"You didn't know?" He asks confused

"Know what?" You asks same expression as his

"She's been shot three times, she's in the medbay right now" he informs you

Shot? From what? I thought she's in her room, what the hell happened?...

You asked yourself so many questions, your heart stopped for a moment when he tells you again that she's in a 'life and death' situation. Your eyes were forming tears as your heart rate begins to pick up, you couldn't explain what it was but all you know is that you couldn't lose her, you just can't, at least not yet.

Soon later, you were standing just outside her operating room while Bruce try to save her life. You felt a tear escaped from your eyes and you didn't even bother to wipe it, as you just stare at her unconscious body.

The deafening silence in the room made you think the night the two of you spent, how'd you laugh on her corny jokes that you didn't even know that she has, you were so carefree that night, and now all you wanted is to go back and stop yourself from saying those mean words to her and if that's the last thing that she'll remember of you then you'd probably just choose to die.

Her vitals started to drop same as your tears streams down your face.

"Don't do this to me Nat"... "Please Don't"

⊱ ─── ஓ๑ • ⎊ • ๑ஓ ─── ⊰