𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

" the worst prison in the world is a home without peace...

so, be careful who you fall in love with "

⊱ ─── ஓ๑ • ⎊ • ๑ஓ ─── ⊰

"I wish I'd never met you," he whispers to your ears as you gulp slowly.

"Please baby, you don't mean that." You cupped his face as tears form in your eyes, he smirks at you, so you added, "you're just drunk, okay," you said softly.

"Don't... tell me...that I'm... Drunk!" He shouts the last part as he slapped you across the face.

You look down, your eyes shut close as you prepare for what's coming next.

He grabs your jaw, tightly digging his nails to your skin, making your mouth hang open, he has a grin on his lips as he enjoys the view of you in pain. A few seconds later, he releases you, leaving a mark on your face.

He then moves his hands to your neck as he attempts to choke you, your heart was beating so fast and your breathing got heavy. You whimper in pain as your feet leaves the ground, then you grab his hands as he tightens his grip. Your tears stream down your face as you gulp hard as you can. Now theres no air entering your lungs as you run out of breath.

He then releases you quickly, dropping one more punch on your middle.

You're now on the floor curled up, not wanting to move, getting much air as you can. You trace your fingers on your neck while you were sobbing.

It has been like that ever since you both got out of college, he fights you phisically, if you said something he doesn't like, you get slapped on the face. Sure, you can always defend yourself if you want, but you just chose to be beaten up like a punching bag, because sometimes you just feel like you deserved it, and when morning comes he apologizes to you and of course you would say "I know, I deserve it and besides it makes me even more stronger", well it's not a lie, it does makes you stronger, your bruises makes you stronger, it's a message that says, "if i got through this then I can get through everything that comes in my way", it motivates you and of course you cover those bruises with make up - heavy make up; and act as if nothing happened, cause who cares, right?, it's not like people will get concerned or will lend you a hand... So, chin up, walk straight, and put on a poker face.

As soon as he left, you made your way to your bed. The soft duvet covering you, made your pain ease a little bit.

The room was cold yet you were sweating non-stop, your palms was shaking and your breathing got heavy.

"Y/n, concentrate," you mumbled to yourself as your heart rate got even faster, you breathe in and breathe out for a few more minutes.

"It's okay, it's okay," you repeat those words all over again and again until it was the only word that was running to your head.

You focused on your breathing as tears started to dry on your cheeks, then after a few more minutes you started to calm down.

You let out a heavy sigh, as you felt your eyes getting tired so you shut your eyes close as you fell in a dreamless sleep.

...

You toss and turn on your bed as pain kicks in again, it was pass three in the morning when you went down to the kitchen to drink your meds.

You sat down on the couch as stars glimmers throung your window.

"Wiggleworm," a voice rang in to your ear as you remembered a memory of you and your dad when you were four years old.

You were playing hide and seek on his office and he was trying to look for you. You giggled a bit giving him a hint, soon enough he found you inside a wooden cabinet. He picks you up and started to tickle you.

Your laugh echoed in his office, as your mom leaned against on the door frame watching the both of you having fun.

Coming back to reality, you realized that you had a smile on your lips, then a single tear escapes from your eyes so you wiped it out.

"Wiggleworm? I never asked why he called me that," you said to yourself as your smile slowly fades away.

[ It's Been a Long, Long Time
Song by Harry James;
Playing on the background ]

⊱ ─── ஓ๑ • ⎊ • ๑ஓ ─── ⊰