"You thought I was about to run away?" Aksh's voice was filled with grief.

He was hurt by her words. He knew earlier he had made a mistake by leaving without letting her know but that time the scenerio was different. They were not in the best of their relationship.

But now she understand him better to accuse him for something like that.

Aksh turned around not wanting to say something he'll regret later.

Suhana's eyes filled with tears. She didn't want to taunt him but the words slipped out of her mouth even before realising.

She moved towards him in fast pace and engulfed his figure from behind.

Aksh could sense her tears by the coldness he felt through his wet camouflage shirt.

He turned around but Suhana was not ready to face him.

She felt ashamed. She did it again. Every time... Every damn time... She ended up hurting him whether intentionally or unintentionally.

"Look at me" Aksh ordered. His voice was hard.

Suhana understood this time the damage was out of control. She lifted her wet lashes with utmost difficulty and looked his stonic face.

"Last night during your birthday celebration I received the official orders of cancellation of my vaccation as there come some prompt emergency on the borders.

The whole time I was worried thinking about sharing this news with you... With family... without hurting your... Everyones sentiments.

You all were happy... Celebrating... and I didnt want to ruin that celebration with the news of my departure.

Only I know Suhana how troubled I felt at that moment but fortunately  some wise words with Shikhar eased  out but here my wife is accusing him for the thing he could never even think of.

Nonetheless, all I want to say is Suhana that you like it or not but this duty is my life... My wife... My family... My everything." Aksh ended up but just he knew how he maintained his hard facade even after seeing Suhana bawling her eyes out.

"Toh fauji sahab sautan hi sahi... Kar lenge hum thoda sa adjust... Par aap gussa mat ho"  Suhana mused in a slow voice. Her pout looked adorable

Aksh looked her astonished. His lips were threating to curve upwards.

Only his wife knew how to make him angry at one minute and act all cute at another.

"Bolo kuch" she probed further when Aksh continued to stare her instead to saying anything.

Finally a smile broke on his face hearing her words.

"What you want me to say?" He asked pulling Suhana closer.

Her hands landed on his chest due to the sudden pull.

"Ki aap mere se gussa nahi hain" Suhana's eyes were darted downwards while her fingers were playing with his shirt buttons.

"Main aap se kabhi gussa nahi ho sakta hu Suhana par haan hurt jarur hu but you can make up to it with a punishment" Aksh teased.

"Punishment!!!" Suhana's eyes opened in horror. She missed the teasing in his tone.

Aksh nodded in positive trying hard to keep an expressionless face.

"I am ready for any punishment just be gentle... Okay!" She agreed. Her voice laced with determination.

She hurted him... So she deserves it.

"So, as your punishment... I want you to promise me that you wont cry... When I leave" Suhana's vision became blurry as Aksh's soft voice reached her ears.

"I asked you to be considerate while punishing me and here you give me the toughtest task to do. It's not fair." She whined while shaking her head vigorously.

Aksh heart was breaking looking her... His wife... like that and the worst part was he couldn't even do anything to console her.

Holding Suhana's face inbetween his palms, he made her look in his eyes.

Words refused to came out from his mouth. For their hearts content both kept on looking in each others eyes as if trying to saviour each second.

"Mera Intezaar karna" Aksh mused while placing a chaste kiss on his wife's forehead.

Suhana nodded doing her best to not give into the temptation of her heart and shed tears "Main aapka intezaar karugi."

A sudden and hard knock on the door break their moment.

"Its time Suhana"

"Its time Aksh"...

•~•~•~•

To know more...Stay tuned...😊

Happy Reading...🙂

Thank You...🤗

Do Vote...😁

And Please Follow...🥰

See you all soon...till then...Bye.🙋

WORDS COUNT:- 1170