Chapter 19

☆XAVIER☆

I snuggled closer to the warmth that radiated around my body. I inhaled and smiled unconsciously at the relaxing lavender scent. I rested my head against the pillow and for some strange reason they were like made for my head to be there.

I felt the person beside me squirm and move. Ava. She's not gonna like that I made her sleep with me. Let's just pretend to stay asleep and then I'll have some chances to escape her rage.

But she looks so cute when she angry. Her cheeks become red with rage and she's so small in height, she looks like a kitten with cherry cheeks.

I hear a small, "What the hell?" So I'm assuming that she's awake. Her hands were quick to recoil to her side and leave my back.

"XAVIER COLSON BLAZE!! GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME!" Geez so my sleep technique didn't help. But how did she know my middle name. I for sure didn't tell her that. I finally opened my eyes and the first thing I saw, well lets just say it wasn't even the last thing on my mind, that I'll see when I wake up.

My face was in her neck and my face was squished between her breasts. Definitely the best way to wake up in the morning. That's why I thought that the pillow felt extra comfy.

I slowly parted my way and pretended that I just woke up, "Good morning darling, What happened?" I looked in her eyes and asked as innocently as I could've.

She was furious. But that look in her eyes died quickly and was replaced by fear when the door opened and there stood Knox. Fuck. We both were still laying on the bed. He'll think that we slept together. Shit. On top of that I was just in one of his shorts. Ava scrambled out of bed and nearly twisted on her ankles on the way. When she was standing beside the bed, Knox said, "Go outside. We'll have a talk later." And he used his father tone in his sentence. I wasn't scared of him. He knew who he was and what he was doing. He respects me because of my position.  But doesn't like me at the same time, because of Me and Ava, being way too much friendly. I also know my space and I respect the type of person he is, he puts his family first, before any thing else and he's ready to do whatever it takes if it ensures their safety.

When Ava sprinted out of the room, Knox came and stood beside the bed, his arms fold. "What am I gonna do with you two?"

"Marriage. I know you know that I don't see Ava just as a friend. Then why are you making it difficult for yourself and for Ava. You know I'm gonna have her one way or another. Even if she wasn't your daughter." I replied sliding back into the bed. But its now cold and not as comfortable. I want her back here.

"Being with you doesn't make her safe. It doesn't come that easy. Thousands of attempts to kill. Millions of plan to torture. I don't want her to get hurt because of you. She didn't even had a normal relationship yet. This is gonna be too much for her. Why aren't you understanding?" He was calm while saying this. Defeated and calm.

"Why aren't you understanding? You think that the best sniper of the scorpios can live. With his family, daughters, wife. Unharmed. Without any security. Being with me secures her. Nobody will be able to harm her. I have shit ton of security, Technologies for her security. Thousands of people for her service. But you don't have it. You don't understand it. Even if I leave her forever, do you think that people will leave the scorpio's best sniper's weakness alone? They won't. If she is with me and attacker try to attack her, I can protect her, but if I leave, and anyone attacks her, I don't think that I could say the same." I finished giving him a stern look.

"Fine, but if you mistreat her in any way or form, remember that the next bullet my rifle will leave, will be aimed at you. Also, I'm allowing you being with her doesn't make me appreciate you being with her. And I'm respecting you, it doesn't mean I like you." He said with a daring glare.

"Yeah. I know. Also, don't go hard on her, most of the time she's like 'oh my god, Xavier my dad's not gonna approve of this.'" I said with a girly voice and chuckled at gow ridiculousit sounds.

Knox just smiled lightly at it. A smile not for me. It just such a father-daughter moment.

Not gonna lie, If I ever become a dad, I want a bond just like he has with his daughter. His family makes him strong, he'll do anything for them. But on the other hand, it's also his biggest weakness.

《<•○●○•>》

So...short chapter?

Well don't worry cause I'll be posting regularly for 2 days. I'm gonna be out of station.

So get ready for shit ton of updates.

And, you guys haven't been voting on my chapters. Please vote so I know you're enjoying the story.

Comment your thought for the upcoming chapter. If I like it, then maybe I'd just put that story in my ongoing book.

For example- More Like a bro-sis bond between Xander and Ava. Or father-daughter bond between Ava, Manny or Knox.

Or just seeing Karen and Ava fight. Lol I love their fights.

Chapter 19 out now. Chapter 20 coming soon.

Follow me if you haven't already and go check out some reels of Avalyn's mafia life on my Instagram.

Instagram: @/shawnmuffin121