chapter 23

"Yes, after that accident... How can I forget that..." After going there I did all the bad things to forget everything, I even used drugs.

"You are using drugs when that accident happened... That place was 4 kilometers away from the main road so no one came there for rescue and you were hospitalized only after 8 hours of that accident... that's also when a forest officer came there... We were informed by the hospital where you were admitted... When your Dad and I reached there they informed us that you don't have many injuries but you got unconscious due to the strong effect of the drug and the airbag prevented from further injuries..." Saying this he stopped leaning towards the car.

"I know all this... and what does it have to do with this case..?" I questioned him not knowing why he was saying all this now.

"When we came there we got to know another thing... before hitting on the tree to your car hit two people..."

"What..? But you never said this..." Did I kill someone? No that can't be true.

"Yes, your Dad told me to hide this from you..."

"Then where are those people? what happened to them? They... they are safe right?" I asked with hope but he didn't say anything.

"Tell me Raghav..! what happened to them..? Who are they..? Do you know them..? Why are you not saying anything... Oh God did I...."

"Dev, look at me it's just an accident... you didn't harm anyone intentionally..." He said trying to calm me.

"Stop this Raghav... please tell me who are they..."

"That's the women we say in that video.., Sarath's wife... She and her baby got hit by the car... but the doctors could not save the baby.".....

*****************

Swapna

I opened my eyes feeling water sprayed on my face. I was still leaning on the wall but I don't know when I slept in between the continuous struggle to remove the ropes.

"Get up... We have to finish this... your loverboy is after me..." Someone said tapping on my shoulder but I couldn't open my eyes I don't have any energy left.

"Water...water..." I don't know how long it has been, I didn't even get a drop of water.

"It's not time to drink water... Come I'm going to send you somewhere... You don't need to drink or eat anymore... come..." Saying this he made me stood up but I fell immediately as I felt dizzy. Slowly I was surrounded by darkness I can't open my eyes but I can feel things happening around me.

I felt like being dragged through the floor I tried to open my eyes with all the energy I had. When I opened my eyes I was being dragged out of the room where I was kept. I felt immense pain on the hand which he was grabbing. He was dragging me like I was a dead person. I tried to resist him but failed miserably.

"Leave... me..." I said wriggling.

"Shh... Don't make any noise I hate it." He said still dragging me. He stopped when reached a room filled with photos but as my vision got blurred I can't see what was that.

Leaving me on the floor he turned to the wall and said "I will come to you once I finish this... See what I got for you..." Saying that he came towards me and made me sit on a chair facing a huge photo hanged there. I can see that photo was of a family having parents and a small baby but I can't see their faces.

"Don't... kill me..." I pleaded with my feeble voice not that I want to live long but if I died that will break my Dev completely.

"No, you're not meant to live..." He grabbed my hair making me look at his face "do you want to know why I'm killing you... It's because of your loverboy, he needs to feel the pain how helpless it feels to know your family is dying... and watching it not able to stop that." Saying this he laughed like a manic.

"Why are you doing this..? Please leave me..." I questioned for that I received a slap

He went somewhere after tying me on a chair facing the photo. I blinked my eyes several times to see the face of the people in that photo. I have to know who are they and what I did to them. At least I have the right to know that much before I die.

After sometime I heard his footsteps I know today was the end of me. This man was not going to spare me. If I had another life on earth I want to live with my Dev in that life, I want to have a family with my Dev and our kids that's my last wish..................