chapter 5

I felt like someone was following me. I turn back to see whether anyone behind but I didn't find anybody. My mind started to feel like something was going to happen, something bad. Does it have anything to do with Dev's call?

Ignoring all that I continued to walk through the street.

Adhi Dev

What the hell...? Did she just hang up my call...?

Miss. Swapna Raghunathan, you know very well how to make me worried. I don't know who was behind all this, when I found him I am surely going to rip out his throat.

From two days, I was getting some anonymous calls and photos of Swapna. I was really worried now.

Someone was following her. I opened the mail once again to see the photo, in that Swapna was walking through a street which was directly sent to my mail. The photo shows the date and time which means it was taken 1 hour before.

Last time I got some photos like this before I break up with her. I opened my office locker to took a pen drive dated 24-07-2021 in which I have stored the photos and mails that I received one month ago.

I connected it to my laptop to observe the photos, there were be more than fifty photos most of them were taken when she was alone and in some she was with me. I involuntarily paused the slideshow when a photo showing an endnote arrived, it said 'I am going to punish her for the sins you have done'. I don't know what sin I had done.

I had gone through the same situation six years back where I had to encounter the most dreadful day of my life in which I had to identify the lifeless body of the most important person of my life from a government hospital mortuary. I had enough and don't want the history to get repeated.

" Sir, we are doing this just for confirmation..." the officer requested my father for confirming the body.

"No! I will not.., I will never..." he started to shout at the inspector. "I have already told you... my daughter is missing... she is still alive... Nothing had happened to her..."

"Sir, we have tried our best... I'm really sorry that you have to go through this... But, it is our duty we need to confirm the body..." He didn't let him complete.

"You bloody bastard..." he punched the inspector on his face. I ran to my father to separate the inspector from his hold.

I had never seen my father this much broken in my life. My mom was still not recovered from the shock. She was admitted at the intensive care unit.

"Sir, I will come with you for identification..." I still have the hope that this was a wrong information and the lifeless body which they are claiming to be my sister was not her.

The inspector lead me inside the mortuary. I wore the mask which he gave. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath when the inspector started to open one of the refrigerated body stores.

I saw a body that was fully covered including the face. He asked the Compounder to remove the cover from the face. When he removed the sheet I took a glance at the face.

"Noo... Aishu..." I started to surround with darkness someone was grabbing me by the shoulder to prevent me from falling.

Beep... Beep...

I snapped out of my thoughts by the vibration of my phone......................