chapter 2

Adhi Dev

"Mr. Prakash... if you can't even organize this you should resign and go...!" I don't know from where the hell I chose this dump man, he was really testing my patience. I should not have appointed this headache to fill the personal secretary vacancy who can't even organize a meeting with the business associates as notified. Thanks to someone who resigned from this post even after I insisted to continue.

"Get out...!" I shouted at the man who was literally trembling at my words. After he left the room I massaged my temples to ease the stress. He was really getting on my nerves. I need to find a new one before I become a hypertensive patient.

I opened the private folder on my laptop, now the only way to ease my stress was the beautiful smile of the person in those pictures. My lips curled upwards involuntarily; it was very difficult to make her smile, I always worked hard to put this beautiful smile on her beautiful face.

The approaching footsteps into my cabin without knocking got me out of my thoughts. As a reflex action, I minimized the current screen and shifted my gaze to the approaching person, my friend Raghav- as expected. He always get to know when I was in a bad mood and comes here like today to worsen my already spoiled mood.

I fixed my gaze at him like questioning 'why you came?'. I saw him staring at me trying to sense my mood. He might have guessed that the situation was bad, as I said Raghav has the talent to understand my mood.

"What's wrong dude...? This seriousness doesn't suit you... You know what you look aged."

"Why did you came?" I asked without changing the arrogance in my tone. Because I knew it would irritate him, an easy way to make him leave.

"Dude... this is not the right way to speak to your friend..." Raghav spoke in a dramatic way rolling his eyes.

"Have I ever told you that you're my friend?" I don't know why he was here at this time when he already had a law firm to look after.

"But, you can't deny the fact that I am your legal advisor..." He said with a victory smile of winning an argument.

"Then, tell me what is the matter...? You can stay here only if it is something related to business..." I said in a serious tone became I know from where to where he will go if I let him talk.

"I just felt bored so I thought to visit you... Can't I visit you if I didn't have anything related to business..." He said casually. God, he was really annoying me.

"I'm not your girlfriend to help you improve your mood..."

"Sorry, buddy she is out of town. Doesn't that long-haired girl coming now?"

Now I know what he was up with. "Which girl?" Please don't bring that topic I prayed inside.

"Your secretary. What's her name? Yeah, Swapna." The name made me flinch. But I covered it with my neutral face.

"No"

"Why?"

"She resigned"I replied as that didn't matter to me. But I know that was not true.

"Dev, are you kidding me. Why didn't you tell me? She was such a nice girl why did you let her go?" Raghav asked with an 'are you serious' expression.

"What the hell...! She is not my girlfriend just an employee and if you don't have anything else to discuss... JUST GET OUT!"

"As far as I know she is not only your secretary but also someone more than that." He said.

"That's not true... It's not like what you think." I denied both to him and myself.

"Don't tell me that you put some act just to make your worthless ex jealous." The playfulness in Raghav's voice vanished by the time he said this.

My eyes widened hearing what he said. How does he think of me like that? "You should not talk to me like this without knowing the whole story... I will not tolerate this." Now I shouted at him for real.

"Fine, I'm going... I need to meet a client... But Dev, don't try to hide anything from me." saying this he went out. Slamming the door shut.

After Raghav left, my thoughts went back to her, she was the wound in my heart which will never heal. That was not true that I used Swapna to make my ex jealous. Actually meeting her made me realize my past relation was just an infatuation.

Things I said to her were genuine, which directly came from my heart. I always wanted to hold her to my soul at that moment I realized whom my heart truly wanted.

The day when Swapna left after our long conversion by placing her resignation letter, when her eyes shown so much pain; it felt like something struck right to my chest tearing my heart. But I had to leave her for her happiness, for her to be safe. I can't hold her and make my presence hurt her. The thing she doesn't know was how much pain I was going through by letting her go. Removing all the thoughts I focused on my work.....................................