chapter 10

I answered Swapna's call before Raghav could attend it.

"Hello, Raghav sir, I..." I cut her off by saying "come to my cabin..."

I know very well that she doesn't require any introduction part from me, she can recognize my voice even if I'm standing in between a crowd.

"Dev..." I heard my name spelled in her mellifluous voice. "Its, Mr AdhiDev for you..." I resumed by swallowing a lump formed inside my throat. I know I sounded harsh but she won't listen to me if I am not being like this.

"What do you want now, Mr AdhiDev...?" She said emphasizing my name.

"It's nothing personal... I'm your Boss so I have to clear this contract issue which I made... So come to my cabin." I said so, in one breath and hang up the call.

Raghav was starring at me with his wide-open mouth without understanding why I said that.

"Are you digging your own pit, Dev? I think we don't have to wait for the blackmailer... She is going to kill him Prasadh..." He said to Prasadh facepalming. While I'm preparing myself to face the Tsunami, I mean Swapna. By the time my PA came and informed me about Swapna.

"Yaa, send her in..." my heart started to pump faster.

I should not have lied to her. What Raghav said was true, I was digging my own pit. When I looked at him with my pleading face, he said "solve this by your self... I'm not going to involve... You are the one who made this worse..." shaking his head.

"Excuse me, sir..." Swapna came in, she was looking really beautiful in her white churidhar like always, that long hair was doing magic on me.

I got up from my chair involuntarily studying her features that small silver jimuka that is my favorite one I was jealous of that for always being with her. Raghav cleared his throat to stop me from drooling over her.

"Ummm.. Yes... Swapna come in.. I mean.. Umm.. please take your seat." Shit, I was embarrassing myself. Then only I noticed that she came with a gift wrapped in a shining silver wrap.

"That gift...?" I said still holding a smile.

"What? I never said that is for you. I was going for a marriage function when Raghav sir called"

"Ohh umm please sit." After embarrassing myself enough I took my seat.

"Sir, I think you should come to the point without any delay..." Prasadh said trying not to smile. That was when I noticed Raghav biting his lips like if not he will burst out into laughter, idiot. Without wasting any time I continued.

"Swapna, it's very important... what I am going to tell you... You should listen to me very carefully until I finish..."

"You have already said that it's not personal... so I will listen to it till you finish Mr.AdhiDev so please tell me." I don't know what to say next so I looked at Raghav for help.

"Swapna, its nothing related to your relationship... but it's related to your life... And you have to believe what I said..."
Raghav said showing his laptop having her pictures which the blackmailer sent to me, bad timing.

"Dev, are you following me... Why are you always doing this.., can't you just leave me alone..." Why was she always misinterpreting things, when I am going through sleepless nights knowing her life was in danger.

"LISTEN TO ME ONCE SWAPNA FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE... THEN DECIDE..." I lost my control and shouted at her.

"Dev, just shut up OK... I will tell her... you just keep quiet..." Raghav shut me up.

He said very thing including my feelings for her calmly making her understand. But she didn't say anything in return not even looking at me.

"You just talk to her Dev, we will wait outside for some time..." Saying this he went out along with Prasadh. I was just starring at her without knowing what to say. After 5 minutes of thick silence, I gathered the courage to approach her.

"Swapna, are you still having doubts about my feelings for you..." I sat beside her, she didn't say anything so I continued "I... I can't lose you Swapna... you know I have already gone through trauma by losing my sister... if it happened again then... I won't be.." I stopped in the mid-sentence when she held my hand.

"Why didn't you tell this before? Why did you face this alone? Don't you trust my love?"...................