chapter 17

I saw one of my men approaching me he was the one who called Prasadh about the information.

"Sir when I enquired some people residing near the market, I got some evidence about..."

"Yeah, Prasadh told me... I need to meet that lady." I declared cutting off him.

"Yes sir, this way." he began to go near a narrow lane beside the market, we followed him. The street he directing us was the one next to the narrow road from where we got her handbag.

That road was empty it would be dark if there was no street light, people had headed to their house already. We were waiting outside a small house which can be barely called a house to which he leads us.

A woman in her late 50s came out when one knocked on the door. Her confused gaze changed into realization when she saw our men who informed us.

He signaled me as she was the one. I footed forward with Raghav and Prasadh.

"Mam, I need your help.., can you please help me...?" I looked at her with pleading eyes.

"I already told everything l know.., please don't disturb us.., leave us alone..." She turned to go inside her house.

"Mam please... my wife is missing.., your information can help me to find her..." She turned to me when I said the word wife and looked at me with confusion.

"Your wife?"

"Yes, my wife is missing someone kidnapped her... Please help me..." I pleaded joining both hands.

"Do... Do you have her photo?" she asked to clear her doubt.

I quickly took out my mobile and showed the photo to the lady which I kept as lock screen wallpaper. She looked at my phone with wide-open eyes then shifted her gaze to me then again looked at the phone.

" I saw her today... But that person said she is his wife..."

"What...? are you sure that it was the girl in this picture..?" Prasadh came near her recording everything she said.

"Yes, today morning I saw a man carrying an unconscious girl in his hand... I asked him about what happened... he said she is his wife and got dizzy because of standing here for a long time as she is pregnant... I'm sure that it was this girl..."

I once again confirmed her information by showing the picture of the man which we took from the footage. But her answer shocked me.

"No, not this man he was fairer and looked like a gentleman... That's why I believed what he said..."

If not this man then who. Thought of more people involved in this made me anxious.

"Mam, can you please do me one more help...? If you can tell the facial features of the man we could make a sketch from it..." I requested.

"Yes sure, don't worry son you will find your wife... she will be safe..." Her words had a motherly love, I'm happy that she agreed.

We left there after informing one of my men to get the sketch done.

It was half-past eleven when I returned to the office its been 12 hours. I was feeling like everything is getting out of my control.

Reaching near the main gate we saw an ambulance parked at some distance from the gate. Prasadh informed me to stop the car at where we are now. It was a little away from the ambulance and the person in the ambulance had no chance to saw our car.

After some minute we a person coming out of the ambulance, we get a glimpse of his face with the help of the street light. In a reflex action, I took the picture of the man caught on the CCTV footage.

Its... Him!!!

Raghav stopped me from opening the door and getting out. While Prasadh signaled us to watch what he was doing.

We saw him opening the back door of the ambulance. I keenly observed him for finding what he was doing and before he gets back into the driving seat I need to get him.

He got out of the ambulance and walked to the main gate when I saw what he was holding in his hand my heart skipped a beat.

A cardboard box similar to one I got before. Then everything happened without my control. I could not stop myself from reaching him.

He tried to run away when he saw me but I was faster than him. Before he could reach the front door I got a hold of his collar and yanked him backward..............