chapter 14

I informed Prakash my PA to bring the parcel from home and furthermore phoned Prasadh to come upon here.

Raghav was with me but he was not saying anything maybe he was also lost his words like me. In this dead silence, even the tickling sound of the clock and the beating sound of my heart were disturbing me. Even a mere thought of the happenings was giving me frostbite.

Prakash my PA brought the parcel from home as I informed. I told him to place the parcel on the glass table placed at the corner of the room. I stopped Raghav from opening the parcel saying I want to wait till Prasadh arrives. But the truth was I don't want to see what is inside that box.

Finally, Prasadh reached my office with his team. They examined the parcel.

"What are you thinking Dev? just open it... let's see what's inside the box..."

"Yes, sir we can open it... I had already checked with metal detector... nothing fishy... And also this parcel is not heavy so it may be some paper... probably threat messages, if it is from the kidnapper."

Both of them were compelling me to open that thing. A neatly packed white cardboard box covered with a tape having the name of the courier service in italic fond.

I carefully placed my hand on that box, I wanted to open that box but something some fear was not allowing me to do that. I observed the box for a few minutes without trying to open it.

"Prasadh you open it..." Instructing Prasadh I stepped aside. Prasadh with his men started to open that cutting the tape which had writing as 'Angel courier service'. They had already started to investigate about the courier service.

"Sir, it is a white cloth." Observing the thing inside the box Prasadh told us. The information gave me some sort of relief but the relief vanished when I took a look inside the box.

White dupatta which Swapna wore today. My vision blurred with sorrow I extended my hand touch the cloth.

"Sir wait... Don't touch it let us examine..." I stepped aside deviating my vision from the box.

"Oh shit..."

Raghav's voice made me look into the box again.

The white dupatta which one of prasadh's men holding was stained with thick red bloody dots. I chocked the air out of my lung and ran to reach my washroom door. I need to puck.

I heard an impatient knock on the washroom door while splashing water on to my face. While hearing the continuous knock I repeatedly chanted the regular mantra 'she is fine I will find her'.

After gathering the courage to face others I stepped out. I saw impatient faces, among them I saw commissioner of police Mr. Varatharajan I didn't expect him here he was the one who investigated Aishu's case. I can't see sorrow among any of the faces except Raghav for others its just a missing case, just their duty. I will have to encounter a long question section.

"Dev... we need to enquire this missing girl's family." I simply nodded to commissioner sir as a reply.

"Sir, she is living with her mother and sister... Her father died in a car accident some years before." Raghav gave adequate information and answered the questions. I was simply looking at them without understanding what they are saying.

"Dev, commissioner sir want us to inform everything to Swapna's mom..." Raghav said shaking me by placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Sir, is it necessary to inform her?" I asked even if I know that it was a stupid question.

"You should have informed her earlier Dev... And also your father..." I know this he will inform my dad if I didn't they both are in good.

"Sir, I will inform her mother... But... Dad's health condition is not good... I'm not saying that I want to hide everything from dad but now it's not the right time..."

"Sir, there is a letter in this..." One of the policemen informed gathering all our attention. I ran towards the box to read that. I snatched the letter a policeman was holding and read through the lines.

Handwritten lines on an old stumbled paper.

'You made her wait for death...
You gifted me with 8hours of suffering...
But 8hours will be very less for you
So I'm paying back by giving you 8days...
For your beloved to wait for death and for you to suffer...

Your's DEVIL'

"Eight days? For her to wait for death?" The letter slipped out of my hand when I mumbled those lines...........