Chapter 31

Emily's POV

I was really upset that Hotch had to tell us there was a case. Or am I upset that a serial killer decided to come around now? It doesn't matter. Either way, I'm mad. We were so close and then we were interrupted. I slowly started to think about what could've happened if Hotch hadn't knocked. After what felt like five minutes I was brought out of my thoughts by someone lightly shaking me.

"Emily!' I snapped out of it and saw JJ. "We're leaving now."

"Wait, we've gone through the case already?"

"Yes, where have you been?"

"In my head?"

"Okay, let's go. We'll talk later,"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked and she just smiled. What?

We were all on the plane and I was really confused about what everyone was talking about. I hadn't heard a single thing about this case I wasn't paying attention for the life of me. So I just sat in silence. 

"Do we have any ideas of who this unsub could be?" Morgan asked. "I mean, we've seen cases similar to this. Not much but we have."

"Uh, yes we do know. His name is Kohen Cunningham." Hotch said.

I noticed JJ shift uncomfortably in her seat when Hotch said his name. I watched her and she avoided eye contact.

"Well, if they know who it is why are we being called in?" Reid asked.

"They raided his house and didn't find him there. But what they did find was seven bodies buried in the back yard," Hotch explained. JJ looked like she was about to get sick. 

"Jayje, are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine, I just..." she got up and ran to the small restroom on the plane. Everyone looked at me like I knew what was going on. 

I sighed.

"I'll go check on her," I got up and opened the door just as she leaned against the wall, sitting on the floor. I got down and sat across from her. "JJ," I started and she looked at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I'm just more sensitive today."

"Sensitive to what?" I asked.

"The things we hear and see in the job,"

I nodded.

"Do you think you should go straight to the hotel when we land?" She shrugged.

"I think I'll be fine. It's a little bothering today. I guess it wasn't a good day to have a case and fly," she smiled. I rolled my eyes. 

"We have another hour before we land. We'll be up late tonight. Come get some rest." I said and got up. I held a hand out for her. She looked up at me for a minute before taking my hand and I helped her up. She ended up laying her head on my lap a soon falling asleep. 

After she had fallen asleep Morgan and Reid were looking at us. I was running my fingers through her hair and thinking about how cute she was. It was until I looked up I noticed them. I sighed. 

"What is it this time?" I asked them.

"Is she okay?" Reid asked. 

"She's fine. Just got a little motion sickness I guess,"

"You guess?" Morgan asked.

"That's what she told me. I don't think I believe her but I will for now."

"You think she's lying?" Reid asked.

"I don't know what I think," 

Reid nodded and went back to reading.

"Morgan!" Hotch called. 

Morgan got up and started walking over to him but before he got too far he looked back at me with a smile on his face.

"By the way, you two are adorable together."

"Is that you saying that or Garcia?" I asked.

"A little bit of both," I laughed.

When we landed I lightly shook JJ awake. She sighed and got up. It was obvious she really didn't want to be woken up or bothered at all. I smiled and as we got off the plane. She quickly got in the back of the SUV. I put our stuff in the back and walked over to Hotch.

"Hotch, is it okay if I take JJ to the hotel now? She's exhausted. Especially after getting sick earlier and lately, it's been hard for her to sleep at night." I waited for his answer. 

"Yeah, you can do that. We can take a few hours without her. We won't be on it a lot tonight. It's already late," I smiled.

"Thanks," and I quickly took JJ to the hotel. I got us checked in and she really wasn't happy about the way of that. When we got to the room she quickly changed and climbed into the bed and cuddled the sheets. "What did you take to make you so tired today?" I asked her.

"I took melatonin before getting on the plane hoping it would work even though I knew it wouldn't. I guess me getting sick is what did it," she muttered. 

"Ah," I organized our stuff and started walking to the door.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I need to go meet up with the team. I'll be back in a few hours." 

"Why are you working so late? It's almost eleven. Just come to bed," she complained. 

"I have to go. You'll be asleep when I get back so it doesn't matter. Just go back to sleep. I'll be back soon." She sighed and laid down. 

By the time I got to the station, it was almost eleven. Everyone looked at me as I walked in. They all had slightly worried looks on their faces.

"What's going on?" I asked them. 

"We found a second set of prints at the crime scene," Morgan said. 

"Really?"

"Yeah, we were gonna wait for the results but they say it's gonna take all night to get a match," 

"Why all night?"

"It's only a partial print, it's smugged, and not a lot of people are working there tonight," I rolled my eyes.

"So what? Do we go back to the hotel and wait till the morning?" 

"That's what we are waiting for Hotch to tell us," I smiled at that.

He eventually did tell us to leave. When I got back to the hotel it was quiet so I figured she did end up going back to sleep. I changed and then slowly climbed into bed with JJ and was careful so I wouldn't wake her up. The moment I laid down she cuddled into me and held me as her life depended on it. At least I can breathe so it wasn't that bad. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close. I smiled and went to sleep with her in my arms.

I'm not gonna be able to post a chapter on Saturday. I'm honestly really upset about it but I'm going to be busy that day. Sorry.