Chapter 14

JJ's POV

Well, Emily's back home. Henry was really happy about that. He really likes Emily and I'm glad he does. It gives me some sort of hope. I don't know why. Right now Emily and I are in her room on her bed. She's laying down and I was sitting next to her staring off into space. She was sleeping and since Antonio came and took henry for the day it was just me and her. I just want to kiss her. I just want to be with her. 

"Hey, what's so interesting about that wall?" I snapped out of my trance and looked at Emily. She was smiling and holding my hand. I smiled a little as well.

"It's nothing. I was just lost in my head is all."

"Tell me," She sat up a little. " What were you thinking about?" I sighed and looked away from her. I bit my lip a little. I can't tell her about my feelings for her. Not now. "Come on! This is our last day to be home alone together before you have to go back to work."

"That's what I was thinking about. Work..." I lied. 

"Did Hotch tell you that you needed to go in?"

"No, no," I laughed a little. "I was just thinking about what I'll be walking into tomorrow." 

"Well, how about we go out and do something. I'm not on bed rest anymore. Just a nice dinner maybe?" She had the most ridiculous smile on her face.

"Emily Prentiss, are you asking me out on a date?"

"A totally platonic date," I smiled and knew my face was turning red. 

"Uhh, sure. Yeah, definitely,"

"Great. I know exactly where we're going. And since it's a Tuesday it shouldn't be so busy."

"Where the hell are you taking me?"

"Somewhere fancy but not too fancy," I sighed.

"I guess I'll get Penelope's help then," I got up and started leaving the room.

"Good luck with that!" She yelled. 

I quickly made my way to the Bureau. I felt nervous the whole time. When I got there Reid immediately noticed me. So, he stopped me before I could get to Garcia's little lair.

"What are you doing here? You're not supposed to come back until tomorrow," He said.

"Oh, I'm just here to talk to Garcia about something,"

"What do you need to talk to her about?"

"Just... I need to get a good dress for tonight..."

"For what? Are you going on a date or something?"

"I, uh, I don't," he smiled as if he knew already. I sighed. "Yeah, sort of. It's a platonic date. Nothing serious. Just me and a friend."

"It's Emily isn't it?"

"What? How did you know?"I stammered. 

"I've seen the way you look at her and I'm not surprised. I had a very similar conversation with Emily actually."

"Really?" He nodded. "What did she say?"

"She admitted a lot. That she has liked you the last few months," okay I Spencer can sometimes not know when to be quiet about things and normally I would stop but right now I just wanted to know how she felt. I wanted to know how she felt about me. 

"She likes me?"

"Yeah, just like you like her. We all actually have a bet going," 

"Spence, I gotta go. We'll talk later." I went to Garcia's office and shut the door. 

"JJ, what are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here till tomorrow,"

"I need your help,"

"With what? Is Emily in trouble again?"

"No, no. She's not, but I do need your help getting ready for a sort of date, maybe." She gasped.

"Did you and Will split up?" I sighed. "Well, obviously you did. he kidnapped Emily and almost killed her. So, who are you going on a date with?"

"A... woman. I'm going on a platonic date with a woman,"

"Platonic? You said platonic. Is she a friend? Do I know her?"

"Sort of, but that's not the point. I just need help finding something good to wear. It's fancy, but not too fancy is what she told me."

"Oh, I got you. We haven't had a case since Emily got out of the hospital. Let's go."

The date will be in the next chapter.