Chapter Two

Emily's POV

I know I've seen her somewhere. I just don't know where. JJ. I've seen her somewhere before I just don't know where. It might just be me but I recognize her but it's very blurred. I don't even know how to explain it. For the last few months, I've been trying to figure out where I've seen her. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I'm going to ignore it. Although, that is the reason I haven't really been talking to her the last few months. I just want to know where I know her from before I talk to her. Maybe talking to her would help me figure it out. But I'm more worried about this unsub. He's kidnapped another girl but we have no leads on where he is holding her.

"Prentiss?" I look up and see Morgan standing there. "You okay? You seemed pretty out of it right there."

"Uhh, yeah. I'm fine." I told him.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

"Are you profiling me, Morgan?" I asked him. He took a step back and raised his hands in the air.

"No, absolutely not. I would never. I could just tell by the look on your face you were upset."

"I'm not upset. I was just thinking."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I sighed and thought about it for a second. Do I really want to tell him about what I've been thinking of? 

"Well," I was interrupted by Hotch who told us we had a lead on a case.

"What is it?" JJ asked. I just looked at her.

"I did some digging and found that all three women were nurses." Garcia started.

"And? How does that help us?" Morgan asked.

"I'm getting there. They all had one patient in common. Her name was Amelia Martin."

"Was?" I asked.

"Yeah. She died a month ago due to cancer."

"That's around when the killings started." Said Hotch. "Did she have any children?"

"Yes, a son. His name is Baron Martin. I'm sending you his address right now."

"Thanks, mama," Morgan said and she hung up the phone. 

"Come on," Hotch said and we quickly made out way to his address.

When we got there it was in the middle of nowhere. That's perfect. Nobody would be able to hear anything from out here. JJ, Reid, and I went through the back while Hotch, Rossi, and Morgan went through the front. 

"I'm gonna go to the basement. You two keep looking up here." JJ whispered.

"I'll come with you," I said. She shook her head. 

"No, stay with Reid." I nodded and she went downstairs. Reid started upstairs and I ran into Morgan, Hotch, and Rossi. Rossi followed Reid upstairs. 

"Anything?" Hotch asked. 

"Nothing,"

"Dammit! We missed him." Morgan said.

"Calm down. We will find him." Hotch said. Reid and Rossi walked back downstairs with us.

"Nothing," Rossi said.

"Prentiss," I looked at Hotch. "Where's JJ?"

That's when we heard a gunshot in the basement. We quickly rushed to the basement. I was the first one down. I saw JJ laying on the floor, blood coming from her side. I wave of worry came over me. I couldn't pay attention to anything anymore. All I could think about was JJ. Everything went by so fast. They had arrested the unsub, saved the woman, and I was sitting by JJ trying to get her to keep her eyes open. 

"Come on, JJ, keep your eyes open. Hold on." I begged. I'm surprised she could hear me because I could barely hear myself. 

Next thing I know we are at the hospital and sitting in the waiting room. I was worried and scared. I started biting my nails again. My leg was also bouncing nonstop. It felt like I couldn't stop it. Rossi came and sat next to me.

"She'll be okay." I looked at him.

"How do you know that?" I asked. He sighed.

"I don't, but she's a fighter. She's gonna get through."

"It looked bad. You weren't in the ambulance. She crashed. They almost gave up. What if she crashes again and this time she doesn't come back?"

"Come here," He pulled me into a hug. That's when I broke down. I couldn't hide it anymore. I was so worried that there was nothing I could do.

"JenniferJareau?" We all quickly stood up. I walked over to the nurse. 

"How is she? Is she okay?" I asked.

"She's okay. She got lucky. She made it out of surgery perfectly fine. And she should be fully recovered within the next couple of weeks." She explained. I let out a small sigh of relief.

"Can I see her?"

"Yes, I can talk to her."

I looked back at Hotch. He nodded and followed behind us. When we got to her room I immediately went and sat next to the bed. I grabbed her hand. 

"She should be awake within the next few hours. I'll leave you now." And the nurse left. 

"How are you?" Hotch asked me. I shrugged. "Are you actually gonna start talking to her now?" I quickly looked at him. I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I was just upset." I told him.

"I understand. I'll leave you alone. Tell us when she wakes up." I nodded and he left. I looked back at her and sighed. Why do I care about her all of a sudden? Well, I always cared. Just not like this.