Chapter 12

Emily's POV

"Another woman that fast?" I asked. We were all standing around the round table. 

"It's been 15 hours since the Alyssa Mendoza. He's escalating. He's definitely reaching his en game." JJ said.

"Yet there is another change," Reid said. "This one is blonde and in her late twenties." 

"Why is he doing this?" Morgan asked.

"Maybe it wasn't one woman that hurt him," JJ said.

"Are you saying two women hurt him in his past and they are both gay?" I asked.

"It's an idea,"

"If he is reaching his end game we have to work fast or may never get him," Hotch said. 

I quickly walked out of the room and made my way to the elevator. 

"Hey, are you okay?" I turned and saw JJ.

"Yeah, I'm fine I just need some air," she nodded.

"This case is really getting to you isn't it?"

 "Just a little. I mean, he's escalating so fast and changed his MO and-"

"Slowly down hold on. The victims remind you of yourself don't they?"

"What?"

"Gay, brunette, early-thirties. Was there someone in your past?" 

"No, I've never been with a man ever in my life. It's just stressing me out honestly." She nodded. Just then the elevator opened. "I'm getting some air. I'll you in a bit,"

As I got outside I walked to my car to at least seem like I was doing something. I stood right outside of it. I was barely out here five minutes when my phone buzzed. I let out a frustrated sigh. 

"Really?" 

I looked at it and was a text from Garcia asking where I was and telling me that they found something with the fingerprints found at the last crime scene. As I turned around I was hit in the back of the head and knocked out.

JJ's POV

"Where is Emily?" Garcia asked me.

"Uhh, last time I saw her she went outside to get some air. Why?"

"Because Hotch wants to talk to us. I texted her but she hasn't been seen. It's been like ten minutes." I sighed.

"Alright. I'll see if I can find her." 

I got outside and went to go see if she was in her car. When I got there I didn't see her. The driver's side door was open and her phone was on the ground. I pulled out my phone and called Hotch.

"Hotch, I think Emily's been kidnapped."

Within five minutes they were all outside by Emily's car. They were talking but I couldn't even get myself to listen. Did she lie to me earlier? So much was running through my head.

"Can we even say this is the same unsub?" Morgan asked. "I mean, yeah she matches his victim type perfectly but there are a few things that don't add up."

"Like what?" Reid asked.

"Well, she's never mentioned anything about her sexuality. At least not to me. And he attacked the other women in their homes this was Emily's workplace." He said.

"It is a place she would feel safe," Rossi said. 

"So why Emily?" Morgan asked.

"And why would he kidnap her this time?" Hotch asked.

"JJ, you've been awfully quiet. What's happening in your head?" Rossi asked. 

"Emily told me something the other day. But I didn't think it would be linked to this case." I said. They waited for me to continue. "I've noticed since the beginning of this case she's been acting weird. Then, she came out to me later that night. She told me she was gay. And then earlier she looked scared so I followed her to the elevator. I asked her a few questions but she denied it." 

"So she might actually be his end game?" Morgan asked.

"There's no way of knowing but it could be a possibility since he kidnapped her instead of killing her," Hotch said. 

Emily's POV

I slowly came to and it took me a while to try and figure out where I was. My head was pounding and everything was blurry. I eventually realized that is was sitting in a dark room and tied to a chair. I sighed. I tired to get loose but nothing worked. There was nothing in the room that I could see. It was too dark and it just seemed empty. Just then the door opened and a little light was let in. I couldn't see their face but I seen them walk in.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I asked. They stayed quiet but I could hear them walking closer to me. I rolled my eyes.

"You better watch your attitude or might kill you faster," he said. The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't make out who it was.

"Why didn't you just kill me when you found me? Why did you kidnap me and not just kill me like all the other girls." I asked. 

"You know why," he started walking around me.

"No, I don't. I don't even know who you are. What did I do to you?"

"You stole everything from me," he started walking towards the door. 

"Please, just tell me what you want!"

"What I want is for you to be dead and for me to have my life back,"

"How are you gonna get that? You kidnapped an FBI agent. My team is gonna find you."

"They can try their best. Nobody is going to be able to save you." And he left. Dammit. 

I'm posting this chapter a day early because I'm going out of town and won't be able to post it tomorrow.