New kid pt3

//wroetozerk//
highschool au
recommend reading pt1 &2 before this :))

I don't think there's any trigger warnings but if there is lmk and I'll put them in! :)

Word count: 2134

———————————————————

The movie was good albeit long.
Josh couldn't help the glances he cast Harry's way, too distracted by how the screen lit up the others face in a beautiful way.
Harry caught on relatively quickly, catching the older boys eye half way through the movie. A grin Josh could only describe as soft and happy spread out on Harry's features, the younger boy reaches out to interlock their fingers.
Ethan's the one to notice, nudging JJ next to him who smiles at the situation happy for his friend.

When the credits start to roll and the lights go up they start to pack up to leave. Simon has to wake JJ up as the boy had fallen asleep swiftly after seeing Josh and Harry getting on well.
"J, baby wake up," Simons whispers with a soft voice, his tone is one specially reserved for JJ, he rubs the others hand.
Despite the gentles nature of the situation JJ wakes up with a start, "what? I'm up!" His disorientation makes the others chuckle and Simon kisses his cheek as Harry stands to stretch out his back.
He looks over at Josh once he hears the satisfying pop, "good movie eh?" He grins.
Josh's mouth feels dry, "mhm." Harry just chuckles, turning to the others in the row to see if they're ready to go.

They make their way out of the screen and back to their cars.
Before they split up JJ confirms their plan, "everyone still up for coming back to mine? The house is empty," he tells them. Simon's tucked under his arm, no response needed, the others all give an affirmative response before walking to their separate cars.

Harry can feel excitement and mild anxiety
pulse through his veins as he sits in Josh's car. The drive is quiet so far. He pulls a knee up to rest his head on tapping random patterns into his shin.
Josh notices the nervous behaviour and bites his tongue as to not come across as overbearing. However as the silence grows he quickly backtracks on his plan.
"So, how're you feeling about going back to jjs?" He settles on.
As if Harry's just remembered Josh is actually there he lets his leg fall back onto the floor of the car and sits normally with his hands clasped together tucked between his thighs.
"Oh good yeah, good," he says unconvincingly, chuckling to himself lightly before continuing, "I'm sorry I just- I've never had a group of friends before. Or like friends plural," he says somewhat awkwardly.
Josh's expression turns to one of confusion.
"Really?" He says before his mouth can catch up with his brain.
Harry let's out a genuine giggle at that, "yeah really," he says.
It's quiet for a moment as Josh sits in mild confusion. JJs house approaches in the distance, Josh turns to pull up outside his house.
"You're all really cool I just don't want to mess up with you guys," Harry tells him honestly.
Josh chuckles at the first part, "cool?" He glances at Harry who nods genuinely.
Josh puts the car in park and turns to the other boy, sensing his apprehension.
"Hey," he gets the younger to look at him, taking his hand gently, "you're not going to 'mess up' with us. Guarantee you that's not possible," his smile is comforting and Harry feels a lot better about going inside.
"Thanks Josh," he whispers.

They hold eye contact for a moment, Josh's eyes spare a glance to the others lips.
'But I don't even know if he's into guys yet,' his brain supply's.
Harry's eyes shoot to Josh's lips.
'Well shit there's my answer.'
Just as Josh was going to make a move they both jump, Harry letting out a high-pitched scream, at the sound of someone banging on the car window.
"Come on!" Ethan shouts, they watch as he saunters towards the house.
Josh throws his head against the head rest groaning as Harry laughs.
"Fucks sake Ethan," he grumbles.
"Uh, we should go in now probably," Harry smiles. Josh opens his eyes and nods, unable to hold back a grin upon seeing the others brightened features.