Kitchen accident

//wroetobehz// drabble

TW: hemophobia (fear of blood) blood mention, mild injury (scroll to bottom a/n for a brief summary), anxious character, mild hyperventilation, please lmk if I'm missing anything!

Hurt (injury)/comfort

Word count: 635

————————————————————

Ethan heard a faint shout coming from the kitchen.
"Fuck!"
He'd been rummaging through the sock drawer after his shower, trying to find a matching set, when he hears it.
"You alright love?" He calls out into the apartment as he continues his search. When he doesn't get a response he huffs out a breath and puts on the first two socks he finds, giving up on his initial idea of matching socks to see what was happening with his boyfriend.

He wanders into the kitchen, still not stressed as surely Harry would have called out to him by now if he was actually in trouble.
His eyes widen upon seeing the younger boy at the kitchen island holding his left hand in his right, eyes shut tightly.
He rushes to the others side.
"Woah what happened?" He's asks gently.
Harry releases some of his held breath.
"Cut my hand," he says, face not unscrewing for a second.

Ethan then notices how pale the other looks.
"Did you-?" He begins only for Harry ton of shakily before cutting him off,
"Saw the blood," he confirms.

Well shit.
Ethan thinks.

"Alright, that's alright my love let's sit down now okay? Let's sit down and I'll fix your hand up," he instructs the other, gently guiding him to the nearest seat.
Harry follows the other easily, blindly trusting him.
When Ethan finally coaxes Harry to open his cut hand, which takes a lot of convincing, he gets good look at it.
He grabs the first aid kit they bought day 2 of living in their shared space, Harry being accident prone and Ethan being cautious.
Ethan finds the disinfectant and wipes and starts his work, only realising a few minutes into his actions his boyfriends few shallow breaths.
He pauses his actions for a moment, "let's take a deep breath okay?" He tells the other.
"Deep breath in," Ethan counts out and Harry try's his best to follow.
"And back out again," he says after holding the breath for a few seconds.
They repeat this a few times until Ethan's satisfied Harry's not going to pass out, at least not right now.

For someone with a fear of blood Harry does a good job at letting his boyfriend take care of his injury without too much trouble.
When Ethan finally gives his hand a light tap to insinuate he was finished Harry opens his eyes again, black dots spot his vision as result of pressing them shut so hard.
Ethan leans down to kiss the top of the others forehead before settling his chin on Harry's head, the younger wraps his arms around him.
Harry blinks a few times before feeling himself being able to take a deep breath.
"Thanks babe," he whispers to the other.
"Hey, anytime," is the others response.
They sit like that for a minute, Harry basking in the comfort.
"You didn't get any in my food did you?"
Harry grins and pushes the other snickering man away from him.
"Ha ha, you're hilarious," he says, sarcasm dripping from his words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

summary: Harry accidentally cuts himself with a kitchen knife while cooking dinner, he has a fear of blood, here's boyfriend Ethan to the rescue and comfort

hi!
inspo = low = random drabbles I think of
qotd! does anyone ever re-read sections of this book? personally I have loads of books in my library that I go through and read loads of times over, would be interesting to see if anyone does the same for mine :)?

hope you're all well
have a great day <3