Tired

//Wroetobehz//

TW:  medical inaccuracies- nothing at all gory. Mentions of loss of appetite/nausea, please don't read if it will trigger you!<3

A/n and context are at the end of the chapter!

Word count: 1320

—————————————————————

It's been a long day.
Shooting had gone overtime by three hours, the full work day coming to a solid 8 hours of filming.
It had started with a main channel video being filmed. A few MoreSidemen videos were then shot in the same studio space but after missing out on filming back ups the past two weeks the boys had to go back to JJ and Simon's apartment to finish.

The had recorded some different challenges and games until they decided it was enough. Simon being the person in charge of the second channel was the one to call it.
"Right that should be good for today," he says after Vik does the outro.
"Thank fuck," Harry exclaims before promptly throwing himself on top of Ethan, resting his head in the others lap and closing his eyes.

They decided the day before to get food together in JJ and Simon's after shooting so they would all be hanging around for a little while longer, to their relief, not filming.

Ethan chuckles softly, a tired expression on his face as he runs a hand through the other mans hair gently.
JJ goes to change and Simon wraps up the few pieces of camera equipment used, storing it back in his bedroom. Vik goes to make a phone call and the rest stay, chatting on the sofa.

"Tired?" Josh jokes, the very obviously tired Harry shoots him a glare, "no, not even a little," he nuzzles a little closer to Ethan.
"How many hours of sleep did you get last night?" Ethan asks, genuine concern in his tone.
"3 hours," Harry grumbles out sourly.
Ethan's eyebrows raise, "Jesus love, again?" He rubs the boys back comfortingly.
"Yeah, pills aren't working," he follows up with.

Harry had been diagnosed with mild insomnia two weeks prior, he got put on medication last week that was meant to help him sleep but they hadn't started working yet.
"I dunno, they seem to be working to me," Josh says, Ethan looks up at him as if to say 'not really the time.'
Josh puts his hands up in defense whispering an apology.
"The doctor said it could take a little while," Ethan comforts the boy who groans out, "it's shit."
"I know lovely, I'm sorry," he says, not being able to do much else than offer his support.
"It'll start to work soon, you rest now and I'll get you food," Ethan tells him, leaning down to press a kiss into his temple.

Harry yawns, " 'm not hungry." Ethan's brow furrows in concern once more, mentally cursing these pills and their side affects. The man had barely been able to keep down solid food the past three days.
"Still?" Ethan asks, a little quieter now. Josh and Tobi try not to look directly at the two to give them some privacy.
Harry only nods.
"D'you feel sick or just no appetite?" Ethan persists.
"Bit-a-both," is the response he receives.
"I'm sorry gorgeous. I'll get you something just incase it changes alright?" Harry nods.
An unspoken agreement finishes their small conversation as Harry drifts to sleep.

Harry's tell to making sure he's asleep is when his mouth parts slightly. Tobi notices and takes the opportunity to get an update on his friends well-being. JJ and Simon are back by now, Vik still on a call.
"Meds making him sick?" He asks Ethan.
Ethan looks to the boy sleeping in his lap, a hand still playing gently with his hair.
"Yeah," he nods, "either that or just no appetite, it's been miserable," he tells them honestly.

"Is that for the insomnia?" JJ asks, only new to the conversation.
He hums in affirmation, "m'hoping the sleep element comes into the picture soon," he says, something both him and Harry have been joking to each-other about to try and deflect away from the frustration of the medication.
"He hates sleeping during the day like this but he genuinely just isn't getting any kip at night," he looks at his friends and they can see the worry and stress in his eyes.

They chat a bit more, Vik coming in a few minutes later and being filled in on the conversation had, until someone decided they should order food. The response was overwhelmingly positive as most of them hadn't eaten since the early morning.
Ethan places Harry's order, hoping to himself that the other man could finally stomach it or even be compelled to eat it.

Once food arrives they all dig in, putting on a show to watch in the background. "Do you want to wake him up?" Simon asks, pointing to Harry who's fast asleep in Ethan's lap still. Ethan shakes his head vigorously, "god no," he says instantly. "Not at all, he's fine here," he says almost a little defensively.
Simon backs off at this, just handing him his plate instead and sitting down next to JJ.

Around an hour passes when Harry comes to, although Ethan wishes for the boys sake it had been longer, he's glad to see the younger got some rest.
He gets up slowly, stretching out his limbs and cracking a few bones causing JJ to grimace, "stop," he whines at the noise.

Harry looks as though he's just properly gained consciousness in his response mumbling, "sorry mate," before turning to Ethan.
Ethan smiles at his messy hair, reaching up to hold his face and pressing a kiss to his forehead.
Harry moves so he catches Ethan's lips on his own. The other man smiles.

"Alright you two, enough of that," Josh jokes. "Haz, there's food for you in the kitchen," he tells him.

Harry shakes his head, "I'm alright mate," he says and rest an arm on his chest, cuddling into Ethan's side.
Josh accepts the answer, laying off.
Ethan wraps an arm around the younger, gently tracing patterns onto the others hand with his finger.

They go home to Ethan's apartment a few hours later. Both pretty tired still, mutually agreeing they'll probably go to bed swiftly upon arrival.
The get in, shutting the door and setting down their bags when Harry stops for a second.
"Babe?" He says, his tone causes Ethan to look at him, "you alright love?"
He asks in concern.
"I think I'll eat something," he tells the other man. Ethan lights up, not waiting for more details, instantly taking the food out of the takeout bag they brought from JJ and Simon's and going to heat it up in the microwave.

That marked the first night of Harry being able to keep down a meal since starting his medication. Sure he still only got 4 hours of sleep that night but both men were comforted by the fact that he had some fuel in his system. Ethan later sent a message to some of the boys separately letting them know Harry had eaten and that they're both hopeful his appetite will last.

_____________________________

a/n

hi! hope you enjoyed, it wasn't the best i know but i wanted to get something out.

reminder that this is purely fiction and not based off any really life events!!

i have a bunch of drafts but am kind of nervous to post them- might start posting them soon tho!
don't be afraid to let me know what you think or tell me if i need to add any triggers that i may have accidentally forgotten!(that goes for all my works!)

Context// Harry was diagnosed with mild insomnia, as part of a short term medication he's experiencing side affects (nausea/ lack of appetite)
Medical inaccuracies are a definite possibility.

keep hydrated lovelies,
have a great day <3